Nathalie Dahn, based in New York, is a successful, top model, successful at academics, successful at entrepreneurship, polylingual, and continually studying and landing new deals. It’s amazing she finds time to date.
“Modelling has been a blessing. I get to travel and am exposed to inspiring cultures and new interests,” says Nathalie, “Europe is a favourite as I love that each country has such an intense representation of their culture.” Meeting people sometimes includes going on a date.
Not surprisingly Nathalie is very measured in her approach to dating. Here are her personal insights for all you gorgeous, eligible ladies of the world.
For starters, she shares a quote: “Where you are a year from now is a reflection of the decisions you make today.”
Her first dating tip is to read The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. Nathalie explains that the book unpacks five ways that people experience love; through service, gift-giving, physical touch, quality time, or words of affirmation. She highly recommends it.
Secondly, be friends first – Nathalie grew up in Europe where the social culture amongst girls and guys is non-gender focused. The boys and girls hang out and have fun without any sexual undertones. This is good training for later years.
Next, she advises to stay true to the facts – don’t have expectations of changing your potential partner. If all the boxes aren’t ticked then move on. Use your energy on something else, don’t wait for a change that the person was not born to deliver.
Here’s an interesting tip – treat it like an interview. You are the boss of your own life. Think of it as: “I have a position in my life that I would like to fill. Do you meet those criteria?” Stick to your original values, tick the boxes, and don’t take a non-fit partner thinking “it might get better.” Don’t spend that emotional investment immediately. Move on sooner rather than later.
Then, wait – Take time. It takes time because “Nothing is covered up that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known.” You can see their values by how they judge people or treat you over time.
What If The Boxes Are Being Ticked Or Not?
If the boxes are being ticked then it’s time to consider an exclusive relationship status. If you are playing the field you don’t have the opportunity to see the deeper side of each person.
Even at this stage, advises Nathalie, never over-invest your emotions until you have spent enough time getting to know the person.
If it’s a no-go? “If something doesn’t work out,” says Nathalie, “I am sad for a few days and I lean heavily on my girlfriends who are strong and independent. Together we pick me up and I refocus my energy on a positive project.”
“Be the phoenix that rises from the ashes,” beams Nathalie, “The best part about being down is the amazing feeling that you experience as you rise above it. It is important for inspiration and for your depth of character to have knocks and positives in life.”
How To Meet People
Nathalie says her first port of call has always been via friends. Then she would consider common interest places like Jazz Clubs or Church.
On online dating: “I don’t do it as I am flooded with Insta DMs as I am a public face. For those who don’t have a public face then maybe consider it but be VERY, very careful. I definitely recommend going via friends first then common interest places.”
The First Meeting
“If you’re on a date and things are going badly, offer them friendship if they are interesting. Otherwise, just be honest and say this is not working out for you. Don’t waste your time or theirs”, says Nathalie.
Nathalie is an old fashioned girl at heart and prefers the man to make the first move after she has shown him a glance and a smile. She believes this is a good indicator of his confidence. “I can also tell a lot from how he approaches me and introduces himself,” smiles Nathalie.
Know what you are looking for: Be very clear with YOURSELF about what you want. Nathalie wants funny, kind, spontaneous, intelligent, independent, polite and an animal lover.
Be confident and stick to your values. Bragging and price listing is a massive turn-off so avoid that. How does it add value to your dates enjoyment? It is a big sign of insecurity.
Dating + COVID is tricky. Nathalie says, “This is a great time to have pen-pals. It’s a lost communication form. Also, check old digital messages. Maybe there is someone that you forgot/overlooked and you want to pick something up with them.”
Most importantly take it slow. That would be for your heart, body and mind. Be yourself, be clear and meet your needs. Now, GO GIRLS, find the best that you can find!
You can follow Nathalie Dahn on Instagram.
Tips for Saving Money on Daily Living Expenses
Saving money puts you in a better financial position, whether you want to invest for retirement or just give yourself some breathing room each month. If you can find a way to pay less for the things you need on a consistent basis, you can end up with hundreds, if not thousands of extra dollars each month. Properly invested, this could snowball to help you retire early – or accumulate wealth even on a modest salary.
Let’s take a look at how you can save money on all your biggest monthly expenses.
Rent and Mortgage Payments
Housing is typically your biggest expense. So how can you lower your rent or mortgage payments?
- Move to a cheaper area. For starters, you could move to a less expensive area. Chances are, if you move to a different neighborhood nearby, you can find cheaper houses, lower property taxes, or both.
- Reduce your square footage. The bigger the house, the more you’re going to pay. Do you really need all that extra space? Reducing the square footage of your house may be more than enough to sharply reduce your monthly payments.
- Refinance or renegotiate. Consider refinancing your home if you currently have a significant monthly mortgage payment. In many cases, you can score a better interest rate and reduce your payments significantly. You may even be able to pay off the home faster. Alternatively, if you’re renting, you can consider renegotiating your lease with your landlord.
Car Insurance and Fuel
If you drive regularly, car insurance and fuel costs can add up to drain your budget.
Here’s how you can save:
- Get new quotes. Start by getting new auto insurance quotes from a variety of different providers. Even if your policy remains exactly the same, you may be able to find lower premiums with a different company. Otherwise, consider tweaking your policy (such as increasing your deductibles) to keep your monthly payments low.
- Lower your risk profile. You can also reduce your car insurance premiums by reducing your risk profile. Maintaining a clean driving record, living somewhere safe, and driving fewer miles can all help you do this.
- Take public transportation (or bike). You can eliminate your car insurance and fuel expenses if you decide to take public transportation or bike to everywhere you need to go.
Everyone needs to eat. But many of us pay too much for our groceries.
Here’s how you can cut costs:
- Figure out the most cost-effective groceries. Feel free to splurge on your favorites on an occasional basis, but on a regular basis, try to prioritize the most cost-effective groceries. Items like oats, lentils, and legumes are very healthy, easy to prepare, and ridiculously cheap.
- Look for sales. Keep an eye out for sales from your favorite grocery stores. You can often get food items for half price (or even less) this way.
- Buy in bulk. Consider joining a wholesale club or warehouse club to score great deals when buying groceries in bulk. This isn’t always cost-advantageous, so make sure you do the math.
Your water, electricity, and natural gas bills don’t have to be so expensive. Here’s how you can minimize them:
- Invest in appliance upgrades. Though buying and installing a new appliance can be a hefty upfront expense, it can often save you a ton of money in the long term. Energy-efficient appliances like refrigerators, washing machines, ovens, and dishwashers can all pay for themselves eventually.
- Turn things off. It’s a simple strategy, but an effective one; turn things off when you aren’t using them. That means turning off lights when leaving a room and turning down the heat (or cooling) when leaving the house.
- Minimize your consumption. You can also work to minimize your consumption overall. Take shorter showers. Reduce the heat. Try to do all your cooking at the same time.
Your entertainment expenses are arguably the easiest ones to cut, since they’re not strictly “necessary.” For example, you can:
- Learn to cook. Instead of going out to eat or ordering food, consider learning how to cook. You’ll save money, have fun, and possibly eat healthier along the way.
- Get a library card. Cancel a couple of your streaming subscriptions and get a library card for your media instead. Everything’s free at your local library.
- Find fun for free. Find new ways to have fun that don’t involve spending money, like hiking in the woods or foraging for mushrooms.
Cutting these costs may not be fun and you may have to make some sacrifices along the way. But if you manage to follow these strategies consistently, you could greatly improve your financial position – and set yourself up for a much brighter future.
- Why CEN Standardization is Good for Big Tech and Small Businesses March 6, 2021
- 6 Critical Non-Finance Skills To Have In Your Finance Career March 6, 2021
- Tips for Saving Money on Daily Living Expenses March 6, 2021
- Savage Grow Plus Reviews – Natural Ingredients in Savage Grow Plus or Side Effects? March 5, 2021
- How Wealth Dragons Became A Force To Be Reckoned With March 5, 2021
- Our Top 5 Tips On Hair Health March 5, 2021
- Steven Dorn: Your Favorite Entrepreneur’s Favorite Entrepreneur March 4, 2021
- Shahn Donovan Drops Emotional New Single “Can’t Break Away” March 3, 2021
- Kid Gift Ideas In 2021 March 3, 2021
- Prominent Entertainment icon Craig Cavanagh, now a Transpiring Global Brand March 3, 2021
Lifestyle2 years ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Lifestyle3 weeks ago
East Side Hype x Billionaire Boys Club. Hottest New Streetwear Releases in Utah.
Tech2 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle6 months ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Health2 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
Entertainment2 years ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free
Tech1 year ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
World2 years ago
The New Feyenoord Stadium to have 63000 Seat Capacity