In a global survey on digital marketing, it has been found that digital marketers are highly making use of different SEO tools for the effective online marketing of enterprises. The availability of different free and paid SEO tools has made it possible for digital marketers to achieve the desired target for an enterprise without any difficulty. As more people are realizing the importance of digital marketing in boosting the sales of businesses, the competition has intensified manifold times in this sector. And this has contributed to making people opt for digital marketing services for the growth of business in the online world.
People are also visiting many online sources to know about the best SEO tool for their business growth and the source two hour blogger enjoys huge traffic because of this reason. The use of SEO tools not just speeds up the entire SEO process but it also helps to increase the traffic on a given website in a limited time. And the traffic due to SEO tools has a high conversion rate which contributes to an increase in the sales of online businesses on a large scale.
As it becomes really important to make the right choice of an SEO tool, a lot of research is done by online marketers before choosing an effective SEO tool for internet marketing. Using SEO tools, digital marketers help to build trust and credibility of a product which improves the ranking of a given business on the online platform. With the use of SEO tools, all the desired targets of enterprises become achievable in a cost-effective manner.
Why your website should always have DDoS protection
Over the past decade, websites have become increasingly important for businesses. In fact, businesses without a website often find it difficult to grow outside of their local customers. A website can help businesses reach a greater demographic and number of customers. In some cases, websites can go global and reach millions of customers around the world.
Since a website will be dealing with such a large number of customers, its security becomes a prime necessity. A website that isn’t safe to use will almost certainly be a target for cyberattacks. Cyberattacks can cripple websites and make business websites vulnerable and unsafe for customers.
Maintaining a safe website is very important. Many businesses have lost customers because they weren’t able to maintain the security of their websites. There are various ways to create a safe website. The easiest is to comply with HTTPS. However, most modern websites automatically comply with these rules.
HTTPS is not perfect. It does make your website secure, but your website is still vulnerable to cyber-attacks. One of these attacks is DDoS. DDoS attacks can completely cripple your website and put your user’s sensitive information at risk. In this article, we will discuss what DDoS attacks are and how DDoS protection will help you protect your website.
What is a DDoS attack?
A Distributed Denial of Service attack is a malicious attack that attempts to disrupt the normal working of a server by overwhelming it. In simple terms, a DDoS attack aims to cripple your website’s server and overwhelm it by flooding it with fake Internet traffic sent across from hacked devices. These devices are unsuspecting computers with botnets installed that can send out thousands of server requests every second with the aim to cripple your perfectly fine website.
How do DDoS attacks work?
To pull off a DDoS attack, the attacker infects internet-connected devices with malware that can remotely be controlled by them. They then use these malware to send multiple requests to a particular website’s server, slowing it down and, in severe cases crippling the website.
Since DDoS attacks are carried out through malware on random remote computers, it is near impossible to locate the source of these attacks as they disguise themselves as normal traffic. However, there are some ways you can detect if you are being targeted by DDoS attacks.
The simplest way is through traffic analytics tools. These are some telltale signs that you are being targeted:
- Abnormal traffic surge
- A lot of traffic originating from the same IP address or range
- Unexplained traffic surges on particular web pages
- Unnatural traffic patterns; for example, traffic surges every 15 minutes
Protecting against DDoS attacks
DDoS protection is very important for a business website. Business websites often deal with a lot of sensitive information from their customers. If afflicted with a DDoS attack, a website can be weakened and can even stop working.
The main goal of DDoS attacks is to cripple your user’s access. It is really harmful to your customers’ user experience. When your website server gets hit with a DDoS, it is also vulnerable to other attacks, and DDoS is often the entry point for other incriminating attacks that can be used to steal user information.
It is crucial that business websites are protected against DDoS attacks. DDoS attacks also target the mission-critical business applications that your organization relies on to manage daily operations, such as email, salesforce automation, CRM, and many others. Additionally, other industries, such as manufacturing, pharma and healthcare, have internal web properties that the supply chain, and other business partners rely on for daily business operations.
Here’s how you can protect against DDoS attacks:
- Know your audience: Use traffic analysis tools and learn the traffic patterns around your website. Know where your visitors are from and know what times they usually use your website.
- Have a cybersecurity team in place: Keep a team ready to respond to DDoS or other cyber attacks to protect your website. Treat DDoS attacks as catastrophic incidents and be prepared for them at all times.
- Security measures: Restrict access to your servers for everyone except the people working with them. Even on your website, keep access restricted to non-administrators.
- Use CDNs: For business websites with worldwide clients, a CDN is a great way to mitigate a DDoS attack. CDNs cache your websites on localized servers, limiting damage to the geographical source of DDoS attacks and protecting your main server automatically.
- Understand the warning signs: DDoS attacks have certain symptoms. The erratic traffic pattern, network slowdown, increased load times, unexplained shutdown, etc. are dead giveaways for DDoS attacks. Use these warning signs in case you are being attacked and shut down the source asap.
If you are a small business, try creating your website with a reputable website building software. Website building software often have built-in DDoS security measures and CDNs that automatically protect your website from such cyber attacks.
The good news is that DDoS attacks form a significant part of all cyber attacks. Almost 60% of cyber attacks are usually attempted Distributed Denial of service attacks meaning that your cybersecurity becomes significantly easier if you can protect against DDoS attacks.
DDoS attacks are a significant threat for a business website. It is even more significant if your business is in the financial industry. Between 2017 and 2019, 40% of all financial institutions were hit by DDoS attacks.
They survived because they had planned DDoS protection as a part of their disaster mitigation planning. The second most common targets for DDoS attacks are online eCommerce stores and more. Both financial and eCommerce websites tend to deal with a customer’s critical financial information.
An unprotected website would crumple under a powerful DDoS attack and might end up losing crucial customer data. Protect your website with DDoS and keep your customer’s information safe and never lose your website traffic. Get on with it today!
- How Berite Labelle Is Translating Her International Modelling Career Into Acting Through Passion and Self-Care August 3, 2021
- Video Editing Company, Visugu, is Helping Youtubers Produce Top-Quality Content August 2, 2021
- Why your website should always have DDoS protection August 2, 2021
- Semenoll Reviews – Fertility Booster and Improved Sexual Performance? July 30, 2021
- How Enterprise SEO Differs from SEO for Small Businesses July 30, 2021
- Basement Repair Contractors: Fix the Basement Waterproofing Problems July 29, 2021
- Courage the hallmark of Raja Syn’s career July 28, 2021
- International star Dj stakz musical career July 28, 2021
- How to Take Back Control of Your Finances July 28, 2021
- Top Retail Trader Launches Financial Education Platform July 28, 2021
Tech4 months ago
Effuel Reviews (2021) – Effuel ECO OBD2 Saves Fuel, and Reduce Gas Cost? Effuel Customer Reviews
Lifestyle2 years ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Lifestyle6 months ago
East Side Hype x Billionaire Boys Club. Hottest New Streetwear Releases in Utah.
Tech3 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle11 months ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Health2 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
Tech2 years ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
Entertainment2 years ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free