Shopify Payments and Amazon Pay are two of the most talked about payment gateways at present. Both of them provide solid features that retailers love. We’re going to outline the fundamentals of each payment gateway so you know where each stands.
Shopify Payments Payment Gateway
Powered by Stripe, Shopify Payments is a payment processor brought to you by Shopify. It’s created for Shopify merchants who have built an online store using Shopify. There are already over 100 different third-party payment gateways that are provided by Shopify and Shopify Payments is one of them. Shopify Payments is available for merchants in the US, Australia, UK, Spain, Canada, Singapore, Puerto Rico, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, New Zealand, and Japan. You need to comply with Shopify’s Acceptable Use Policy in order to be approved to use Shopify’s payment gateway.
When you opt for Shopify Payments payment gateway the rates are as follows. For users with Lite or Basic Shopify Plan, the processing rate is 2.9% and 30 cents when you make a sale online and 2.7% when you’re selling in person. People who have opted for $79 Shopify plan need to pay 2.6% and 30 cents for processing when selling in person. You need to pay a 2.5% processing fee when you’re selling in person. For people who have opted for the $299 Advanced Plan, they’re required to pay 2.4% processing rate when selling in person or online. You need to pay an addition of 30 cents when you’re selling online.
- When you use Shopify Payments payment gateway, you won’t need to pay transaction fees. It usually charges up to 0.5% transaction fees.
- Since Shopify Payments comes integrated, you don’t need to spend a lot of time setting it up in order to make a sale.
- If you’re on the $299 per month Shopify plan or $79 per month Shopify plan then you will save on payment processing.
- You can add Fraud Protect as a means to protect yourself from fraud when you sell online. You won’t manually need to check for verification and you can sell risk-free.
- Customers will be able to check out much faster as they can save all the shipping and billing-related information. This can help you increase sales as customers will have a better shopping experience.
- Chargebacks are easy and convenient with Shopify Payments as you can easily access the details from the dashboard and resolve in minutes.
- U.S. merchants have to wait for only two to three days in order to receive their payments which is great news.
- Fraud Protect is available for only a handful of merchants at present in the U.S. It’s not yet available to merchants outside of U.S.
- Shopify can withhold your funds if you’re found to have many chargebacks which can be problematic.
Amazon Pay Payment Gateway
Amazon Pay is a subsidiary of Amazon which was launched in 2007. This payment processor is provided to the sellers who sell on Amazon. Merchants in the U.S., EU, and Japan can use Amazon Pay payment gateway at present. You need to be physically established and operate in the country in order to be eligible to use Amazon Pay.
Amazon Pay uses flat-rate fee structure making it easy for merchants. For mobile and web transactions, the processing fee is 2.9% and 30 cents for U.S. transactions. For other country transactions, the fee is 3.9% and 30 cents. For purchases that have been made through Alexa, the processing fee is 4.0% and 30 cents for U.S. transactions and 5.0% and 30 cents for cross-border transactions. Charitable organizations need to pay 2.2% and 30 cents processing fee for U.S. transactions and 3.2% and 30 cents processing fee for cross-border transactions.
- It’s easy and simple to use Amazon Pay payment gateway for the merchant as well as the customer making it a good option for retailers.
- Amazon Pay enables customers to save their billing and shipping information which leads to faster checkout. This can help increase customer satisfaction and can lead to an increase in sales.
- As Amazon is trusted by millions of people all over the globe, Amazon Pay has the advantage of being trustworthy.
- Amazon Pay comes with free fraud protection service that saves your business from any type of fraud transactions.
- You don’t need to sign a long-term contract when you choose Amazon Pay as your payment gateway. Moreover, there’s no termination fee if you want to cancel early.
Facebook to Simplify Group Privacy Settings
Facebook is making sure to clarify its group privacy settings in order to simplify the process and ensure users understand their group activity exposure. Till now it had offered 3 privacy settings but now Facebook will reduce the available group privacy options to two- ‘Public’ and ‘Private’.
Facebook says that they are making changes as the people are asking for cleared privacy settings for their social media groups. If they have 2 privacy settings then there will clarity about who can find the group, see the members & the posts. They are saying they are working with global privacy experts & advocates to make sure that the settings are easy to understand and easy to apply practically. The language has been clarified and available options streamlined to make each element of the settings clear.
These are the changes that will be applies to existing Facebook groups- Any group that was secret till now will now be private and hidden. Whereas any group that was closed will now be private & visible. Groups with public settings will remain public & visible. Facebook is ensuring to give users confidence and make the platform comfortable for them without the risk of unwanted exposure.
Facebook has also outlined additional user safety efforts in a separate update saying that community standards and proactive detection technology will continue as it is. And the new settings will be maintained accordingly. It will ensure them to remove defaulters and bad content efficiently to make the platform safe for every user.
- Facebook to Simplify Group Privacy Settings August 22, 2019
- Research Reveals Why You Should Say NO to GM Diet August 22, 2019
- Mistakes to Avoid while Shipping your Car August 22, 2019
- Financial Struggles of Filipinos Working Abroad August 22, 2019
- The Content Shop offers variety of services for Creative Businesses August 22, 2019
- Understanding the Building Regulations for Windows and Doors Mississauga August 22, 2019
- Mastering the Art of Trading in a Few Easy Steps August 22, 2019
- Five Easy Steps to Master Forex Trading, According to Experts August 22, 2019
- Lars Dybkjær is very Annoyed with Rude Travelers August 22, 2019
- Online Gambling in New Jersey is Heating Up August 22, 2019
Lifestyle1 month ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Tech8 months ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Entertainment3 weeks ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free
World8 months ago
The New Feyenoord Stadium to have 63000 Seat Capacity
Entertainment3 months ago
Jonas Brothers’ ‘Chasing Happiness’ Amazon Documentary now Available for Free on Fmovies
Tech2 months ago
Steam Offers Free Games Just Before Steam Summer Sale 2019
Entertainment3 weeks ago
123Movies Predicts Hobbs and Shaw will be the Most Downloaded Movie of 2019
Health4 months ago
Acne Scar Healing Serum by Slurp receives Praises from Everyone