Every kid going to school needs a backpack, and the selection of which one has always been tough for parents. While most of the schools do not put restrictions on what types of backpacks kids use, many give a lot of books to students to take home. In such cases, when surveyed parents from different corners of the world, capacity was rated as the most important factor to consider for the backpacks.
Many countries like India are also setting the weight limits on the school backpacks to make the life of students at home easier. Such limits may help prevent damage to children’s backs from heavy books on their way from school to home. Many parents shared that picking an ideal backpack with sufficient capacity is really a tough decision. Too much of empty backpack is uncomfortable for children, while heavily stuffed backpack of greater capacity puts a lot of force on the backbone of children. To tackle this situation, there is an awesome backpack by Burnt My Taco that can reduce the some of the tensions for these parents. Both comfort, coupled with trend setting designs like these, are also these book bags are great choice for both younger children through college students.
What Can You Do?
What are some other things you can do to help reduce the weight of your child’s backpack? Consider getting a second set of textbooks to keep at home for your child. Weigh your child’s backpack, it should ideally be no more than 10-15% of their body weight to carry.
- Lighten the load.
- Consider talking to school administrators or speak up at PTA or school board meetings if you have a concern for the weight of your child’s bag coming home.
- The school may be able to offer some additional time for children to get to lockers during the day to exchange books in between classes.
- Your local legislators may be able to offer help as well.
- Many US schools have already switched over to using laptops and laptop bags for that matter, and document sharing systems which can help reduce weight of a child’s bag.
- Backpacks that are used to carry heavy books should not have narrow straps that dig into the shoulders can interfere with circulation and nerves. These types of straps can lead to tingling, numbness, and weakness. Look for a backpack with multiple compartments to help distribute the weight which is ideal.
- Improper backpack use may also eventually lead to bad posture. Younger children may be especially at risk for backpack-related injuries because they are just smaller and may carry loads that are heavier in proportion to their body weight. Again, check the weight of your child’s bag in proportion to their own body weight.
- Besides capacity, there are some more factors that play an important part in deciding the best backpack for kids. Straps of the bag should be comfortable for the shoulders, and the bag itself should protect books from inclement weather.
What Can Your Kids Do?
- Lift properly, teach your child to bend at the knees.
- Load heaviest items closest to the center of your back.
- Kids who sling a backpack over one shoulder as many do, may wind up leaning to one side to offset the extra weight.
- Encourage your child to use a backpack with two shoulder straps to help prevent lower and upper back pain and strain their developing shoulders and neck.
Since it is really all about the kids, the design and color of school bags, laptop backpack, and travel backpacks are also very important. Mostly, kids pick those designs that they may see around them in their lives and make them happy. Brand is the least important factor for the parents and for many kids, the brand does not even matter at all. Many brands do not focus much on making both comfortable and designer bags for kids. Thankfully there are still some good companies out there like the one we found ourselves, that can offer a great solution for both parents concerns for functionality in a design that kids no matter what their age, are sure to love.
SPOTLIGHT: Sweet vinyl by DREAMOUR
What happens when two immensely talented visionaries come together to create elegance and ingenuity in a sculptural glass fragranced candle? Dreamour. That is the long and short version of how Dreamour was created. Founded by Karissa Rowe and Neal Klotsman in late September 2022, Dreamour was founded with the goal of creating a luxury fragrance brand that operates at the intersection of functional art in the candle market space.
Rowe, a Parsons School of Design graduate, set out to fill the niche of integrating design in the candle marketplace. Unlike most candle vessels that are mass-produced, Dreamour’s founders desired to prioritize the artisanal craftsmanship of glass in their production processes of the sculptural glass designs. This resulted in a long timeline of sourcing the globe for talented glass artisans who could transform a sketch into a functional and sophisticated candle vessel. Each and every candle vessel is hand-blown, inherently resulting in a one-of-a-kind product and unique experience for the consumer. These functional fragrant candles also act as a piece of décor due to its sculptural and alluring appearance.
Sweet Vinyl, Dreamour’s first candle scent, fills the room with musky & leathery notes combined with earthy notes of vetiver and cypriol, topped with a citrus touch of bergamot and mandarin. The founders worked with master perfumers in Grasse, France, to create a scent that invoked notes of memorable moments, emphasizing high quality ingredients in the fragrances in a soy wax blend. This resulted in candles that consist of clean ingredients, a vegan formula, and is entirely cruelty-free.
It is the personification of the glass blowers’ spirit, the heart of Grasse imprisoned in a bottle, and the narrative of two visionaries that sets Dreamour at the top of the candle market pedestal. Dreamour embodies the sophistication and savior-faire French perfumery as a luxury brand, while being a NYC based brand. Dreamour is currently stocked at Patron of the New in New York, along with other major designer luxury known brands. Rowe and Klotsman are currently expanding their production lines and will drop new fragrances and designs in early 2023. Don’t expect anything ordinary with Dreamour, as they will continue to bring a unique perspective to the marketplace of home fragrances.
To find out more about Dreamour and their newest releases, you may visit the business’s website dreamour.com or follow the company via its Instagram handle @dreamourshop.
- SPOTLIGHT: Sweet vinyl by DREAMOUR February 3, 2023
- How to Help Your Child if You Think They Might Have Autism February 3, 2023
- M. Madfai Management Prepares for 2023, Head-on February 2, 2023
- Frog Fuel Collagen Protein Supplements: ‘New Year-New You’ Health Resolutions Demand New Tactic for 2023 January 31, 2023
- Outsourcing Front-End Development Services: Insider’s Guide January 31, 2023
- Change Your Life Spells – Life Changing Spells That Work January 30, 2023
- Top 6 Investments for Your Child’s Future January 27, 2023
- Why use custom web development? Why is it better to use ready-made CMS January 27, 2023
- Strategies for Scaling Your Ecommerce Business with Social Media Advertising January 25, 2023
- Healthcare Leader Avantika Sharma Reveals How Digital Tech Solutions Can Improve Prior Authorization Procedures January 25, 2023
Tech2 years ago
Effuel Reviews (2021) – Effuel ECO OBD2 Saves Fuel, and Reduce Gas Cost? Effuel Customer Reviews
Tech3 years ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
Lifestyle4 years ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Lifestyle2 years ago
East Side Hype x Billionaire Boys Club. Hottest New Streetwear Releases in Utah.
Tech4 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle2 years ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Health4 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
Entertainment4 years ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free