Every kid going to school needs a backpack, and the selection of which one has always been tough for parents. While most of the schools do not put restrictions on what types of backpacks kids use, many give a lot of books to students to take home. In such cases, when surveyed parents from different corners of the world, capacity was rated as the most important factor to consider for the backpacks.
Many countries like India are also setting the weight limits on the school backpacks to make the life of students at home easier. Such limits may help prevent damage to children’s backs from heavy books on their way from school to home. Many parents shared that picking an ideal backpack with sufficient capacity is really a tough decision. Too much of empty backpack is uncomfortable for children, while heavily stuffed backpack of greater capacity puts a lot of force on the backbone of children. To tackle this situation, there is an awesome backpack by Burnt My Taco that can reduce the some of the tensions for these parents. Both comfort, coupled with trend setting designs like these, are also these book bags are great choice for both younger children through college students.
What Can You Do?
What are some other things you can do to help reduce the weight of your child’s backpack? Consider getting a second set of textbooks to keep at home for your child. Weigh your child’s backpack, it should ideally be no more than 10-15% of their body weight to carry.
- Lighten the load.
- Consider talking to school administrators or speak up at PTA or school board meetings if you have a concern for the weight of your child’s bag coming home.
- The school may be able to offer some additional time for children to get to lockers during the day to exchange books in between classes.
- Your local legislators may be able to offer help as well.
- Many US schools have already switched over to using laptops and laptop bags for that matter, and document sharing systems which can help reduce weight of a child’s bag.
- Backpacks that are used to carry heavy books should not have narrow straps that dig into the shoulders can interfere with circulation and nerves. These types of straps can lead to tingling, numbness, and weakness. Look for a backpack with multiple compartments to help distribute the weight which is ideal.
- Improper backpack use may also eventually lead to bad posture. Younger children may be especially at risk for backpack-related injuries because they are just smaller and may carry loads that are heavier in proportion to their body weight. Again, check the weight of your child’s bag in proportion to their own body weight.
- Besides capacity, there are some more factors that play an important part in deciding the best backpack for kids. Straps of the bag should be comfortable for the shoulders, and the bag itself should protect books from inclement weather.
What Can Your Kids Do?
- Lift properly, teach your child to bend at the knees.
- Load heaviest items closest to the center of your back.
- Kids who sling a backpack over one shoulder as many do, may wind up leaning to one side to offset the extra weight.
- Encourage your child to use a backpack with two shoulder straps to help prevent lower and upper back pain and strain their developing shoulders and neck.
Since it is really all about the kids, the design and color of school bags, laptop backpack, and travel backpacks are also very important. Mostly, kids pick those designs that they may see around them in their lives and make them happy. Brand is the least important factor for the parents and for many kids, the brand does not even matter at all. Many brands do not focus much on making both comfortable and designer bags for kids. Thankfully there are still some good companies out there like the one we found ourselves, that can offer a great solution for both parents concerns for functionality in a design that kids no matter what their age, are sure to love.
4 Things You Won’t Worry About If You Just Ship Your Car to Another State
While some people might disagree, I believe I speak for the majority when I say that nobody wants to worry about anything in the world if they can help it. Life is already way too complicated to stress about every little thing that happens — like how you can get your car to another state.
There are a number of reasons why you would suddenly find yourself needing to transport your vehicle to a different place. The reason can be personal, work-related, or maybe it’s just something that needs to happen so you can start the next chapter of your life, as in the case of moving.
But we’re not here to talk about that.
Instead, we’re here to talk about how you’re going to do it and there’s really only one right answer: You would need to ship your car.
Right about now, you’re probably thinking “But I want to explore my options” or something along those lines. And of course, that you may very well do. However, while there are other ways to get your car to where it needs to be — such as driving it yourself — all these other options are frankly uninviting.
Let’s be honest. If you’ve been driving for long enough, you would know for a fact that long distance drives are no walk in the park (read more). To hell with the whole “driving is so therapeutic” spiel; that only works if you’re maybe driving 5-10 miles tops without traffic and with good music. But 10+ hours in the middle of nowhere?
Two words: Hell no.
If you’re still not too convinced, here are 4 other things you don’t have to worry about if you just ship your car instead of driving it.
No Sore Back & Aching Knees
Long drives are enjoyable until they aren’t. When you’re stuck in a semi-comfortable seating position, with your feet on the pedals, your eyes fixed on the road, and your hands on the wheel, the fun doesn’t remain fun for too long. Instead, it’s replaced by backaches, knee pains, and eye strain.
Long distance driving is a physically taxing activity so don’t easily fall for the whole “driving is therapeutic” spiel. Maybe that applies when you’re driving aimlessly for 40 minutes to an hour max without any heavy traffic but certainly not on busy highways for 10+ hours. If suffering from a hunched back for the next two weeks ain’t your vibe, just leave the shipping task to the professionals.
No Downtime From Work
Another worry you probably have with this whole long-distance trip is the fact that you can’t really do anything else besides drive for tens of hours during the transfer. Even if you think you can multitask, you really shouldn’t as it risks your own safety and those of others who are on the road with you. During the drive, you can do little to no work which means a decrease in your productive hours for the week.
If you don’t really want to take a leave from work for whatever reason, then shipping a car to another state instead of driving it is your best option. This way, you can keep to your tasks and avoid unnecessary disruptions to your normal work schedule.
No Car Trouble
Just the mere mention of getting car trouble can instantly turn any vehicle owner’s day sour. Now, imagine it happening in the middle of nowhere, when you’re miles away from your car’s regular mechanic. It would be a downright nightmare and that’s no exaggeration.
Interstate highways aren’t exactly lined up with establishments. It could be miles before you can find a decent auto shop that can take your car in and even then, you have zero assurance that your ride can be fixed in a matter of a few hours. Getting car trouble, being stuck in the middle of nowhere, delayed appointments, and high repair fees is a complete recipe for disaster – easily avoid it by having your car shipped instead.
No Multiple Gas Stops
If you think that you’re going to save a lot of money by driving yourself to another state, then we’re about to burst your bubble. Yes, you may save a couple hundred bucks by not having your car professionally shipped. However, the cost savings don’t really make sense as compared to the time, energy, and effort you will have to expend to make the long-distance trip possible.
Also, it’s not like the trip won’t cost you anything at all. There’s gas, maintenance fees, and possibly after-trip repair fees to worry about. Not to mention, you will have to eat and drink, and maybe even turn in for the night at a highway motel during the drive. You will still end up spending money. Here’s the average of what you’ll spend shipping your car instead: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto/cost-to-ship-a-car.html.
If you take all of that into account, then paying a few hundred dollars to ship your car out instead, becomes a more practical and cost-efficient option.
- 4 Things You Won’t Worry About If You Just Ship Your Car to Another State December 2, 2023
- Why Todd Graves Is Driven To Innovate Golfing Techniques and Inspire Future Athletes November 28, 2023
- Fitness Dating Brand, FITFCK, Expand Into Influencer Management November 27, 2023
- Mark Anthony Williams-Ruling the Real Estate Sector of The United States November 26, 2023
- Essential Steps to Start Off Entrepreneurial Leadership November 26, 2023
- The Subtle Cues in Our Environment that Encourage Healthier Living November 26, 2023
- Healthy Home Upgrades That Won’t Break the Bank November 24, 2023
- Andriy Dovbenko’s TechExchange: Advancing AgriTech and DefenceTech Startups November 24, 2023
- Mobile Commerce Trends: Do You Need a M-Commerce App in 2023? November 18, 2023
- 5 Ways to Make your Next Car More Affordable November 16, 2023
Tech3 years ago
Effuel Reviews (2021) – Effuel ECO OBD2 Saves Fuel, and Reduce Gas Cost? Effuel Customer Reviews
Tech4 years ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
Lifestyle4 years ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Lifestyle3 years ago
East Side Hype x Billionaire Boys Club. Hottest New Streetwear Releases in Utah.
Tech5 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle3 years ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Health5 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
Entertainment4 years ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free