Crowns are a common dental procedure. Your dentist might recommend you for a crown when you have a weak or fractured tooth. However, you must search for the best Hilliard crowns treatment to ensure you get the best treatment possible without causing any hassle in the procedure.
What is a dental crown?
Crowns are prosthetic devices that are cemented to the existing tooth. They are non-removable and cover the natural tooth entirely. They are made with exact measurements so that they fit your tooth perfectly.
When do you need crowns?
Your trusted dentist will recommend you a crown when:
- You have a weak tooth.
- Your tooth is fractured.
- You have a restoring dental implant.
- The discoloration is visible in your teeth.
- Your tooth is in bad shape.
- Your root canal needs to be covered.
- You have a decayed tooth.
Placement procedure for dental crowns:
- The process of fixing a crown is very modest.
- Firstly, the dentist will numb the affected tooth and the surrounding gums using local anesthesia.
- Using a dental drill, he will then remove the decayed parts and clean the entire area.
- If necessary, the dental surgeon will also remove extra corners to ensure that there is enough space to fit the crown.
- Then using a digital scanner, he will take measurements of the affected tooth.
- If the dental clinic has an in-office milling machine, he will install the crown in just a few minutes, and your crown will be fitted in just a single setting.
- However, if your clinic practices the old method, he will fit a temporary cap in the first set. He will send your tooth measurements to the laboratory, where your permanent crown will be made. If your crown is made of porcelain, the dentist will choose the shade that closely matches the color of your other teeth.
- After a few weeks, the temporary crown will be replaced by the permanent one.
- The dentist will use a special cement or glue to seal the crown-making sure that it remains in the same position for numerous years.
Types of dental crowns:
Crowns are made of different materials like porcelain, ceramic, metal, resin, or a combination of other materials. Your dentist will consider your tooth’s location and visibility when you smile before selecting the perfect type for your teeth.
The procedure of dental crowns is not painful or discomforting at all. They are durable and last up to 15 years. Dental crown treatments treat your damaged tooth, giving you a better smile and confidence.
9 Simple Steps to Dealing with a Broken Tooth
Credit: freepik via Freepik
It’s movie night, and you have an obligatory bowlful of popcorn balancing on your lap. You toss a handful of popcorn and — crack — you unknowingly bite down on a kernel with the full power of your jaw.
Lightning strikes your mouth as you realize this humble kernel broke your tooth.
Besides pausing the movie and spitting out your mouthful of popcorn and tooth, you might not know your next steps.
What should you do, and how can you pay for it? Find the answers to these questions and more below:
1. Save the Pieces
If possible, save any broken pieces of the tooth. Your dentist might need these pieces.
2. Rinse Your Mouth
Gently rinse your mouth with warm water to clean the area. Avoid using hot or cold water, as it might aggravate any exposed nerves.
3. Control Bleeding
If you bleed, apply gentle pressure to the area with a clean cloth or gauze. You can also use a cold compress on your jaw or cheek to reduce swelling.
4. Contact Your Dentist
Reach out to your dentist immediately. Explain the situation and try to schedule an emergency appointment. Many dentists reserve slots for urgent cases. If they don’t have a spot available, look at specialty emergency clinics in your area.
5. Get Over-the-Counter Pain Relief
Broken and chipped teeth can hurt, so take some over-the-counter pain relievers to help manage this pain until you can see your dentist.
6. Check Insurance Coverage
Review your dental insurance policy to understand coverage details. Some policies may cover emergency procedures, while others may have limitations.
7. Discuss Payment Options
If cost is a concern, discuss financing options with your dentist. Some dental offices offer flexible arrangements that give you a break. If you qualify for these plans, you might be able to push out your due date to coincide with your payday. You may even be able to break up your total outstanding amount over several payments.
8. Take out a Personal Loan
If you’re just shy of what you need to cover your emergency dental expense, consider going online to scope out personal loans. A personal loan may fill in for savings in urgent situations. You can quickly visit a website like MoneyKey to see what you need to apply. If approved, a personal loan gives you the means to pay for your visit upfront and pay off what you owe over time.
9. Consider Urgent Care Clinics
If your financial situation is such that you can’t afford a personal loan’s payments, reconsider your choice of dentist. Some dental practices apply a sliding scale to their services so that they can provide immediate care at a lower cost for at-risk individuals.
Next Steps: Thinking About the Future
So, you’ve managed to repair your tooth and pay the bill, too. What’s next? Make sure you hit these three goals soon. They can help you prevent another broken tooth in the future!
- Stay on Top of Dental Hygiene: Brush at least twice a day and floss once a day — these simple habits can protect your teeth over time.
- Schedule Regular Checkups: Keeping up with regular cleanings can also help you prevent future dental emergencies.
- Build an Emergency Fund: Sometimes, accidents happen. Consider building an emergency fund specifically for unexpected dental emergencies.
- Expert Embedded Hardware Development Services by Integra February 27, 2024
- Designing Secure Commercial Spaces Without Compromising Aesthetics February 27, 2024
- Inspiring Kitchen Leadership, Chef Cristian Marino’s 10 Rules for Unlocking Culinary Excellence in the Modern Era February 27, 2024
- Amber Kelleher’s Secret to Finding Love in Today’s World February 27, 2024
- Investing for Beginners in 2024 February 27, 2024
- Earning Extra Money While Driving as a Side Job? February 27, 2024
- Air Cargo Charter: A Flexible Solution for Urgent Shipments February 26, 2024
- Revolutionizing PM Recruitment: How ProsperCircle Leverages AI for Job Matching February 19, 2024
- Making Your Mark Online: Easy Guide to Free Digital Signatures February 19, 2024
- From Pocket Change to Power Player: The Strategic Ascendancy of Yvenson Israel February 15, 2024
Tech3 years ago
Effuel Reviews (2021) – Effuel ECO OBD2 Saves Fuel, and Reduce Gas Cost? Effuel Customer Reviews
Tech4 years ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
Lifestyle5 years ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Lifestyle3 years ago
East Side Hype x Billionaire Boys Club. Hottest New Streetwear Releases in Utah.
Tech5 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle3 years ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Health5 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
Entertainment5 years ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free