The European Nations officials, at the end of a 2-day budget meeting in Seville, Spain, have said that European nations have given a green light with a significant funding boost to almost all of the proposals laid out by the European Space Agency (ESA) for its future program. France’s research minister Frédérique Vidal, after the meeting of ministers from all 22 ESA member states, said in a press conference that this decision has reaffirmed their common ambition for Europe.
ESA Chief Jan Wörner commented, “You see a happy director general in front of you.” He also mentioned that the agency has spent 2 years developing the current proposal and lobbying members for support. He joked that everyone’s approval is required as NASA has one government and we have 22. He clarified that all the ministers have gone through the 47-page list of programs and it cleared all their doubts leading to the decision that “not a single program had to stop.” ESA managers have earlier come away disappointed from previous ministerial meetings (takes place roughly every 3 years) as they must cancel or slow down programs that didn’t win enough support.
In the last 25 years, this rise ( more than 20%) in the ESA’s 3-year budget is the largest boost the agency has seen. This rise in the budget will allow ESA to concurrently run two major orbiting observatories to look at x-rays and gravitational waves plus they can now join NASA in returning samples from Mars and expand its monitoring of Earth’s environment to help tackle the climate crisis. The budget will also help them develop a reusable vehicle to take cargo to and from space.
India’s Largest Urban Beach is in Knee Deep Froth
Marina Beach of Chennai, a popular beach in India has been knee-deep in frothy, toxic foam for the past few days. Experts have warned that the foam which forms every monsoon season, can cause skin problems. Families with children have been still frequenting the beach. Marina sees tens of thousands of visitors daily and is the largest urban beach in India.
Pravakar Mishra, a scientist at the National Center for Coastal Research in Chennai who has seen the clouds of foam grow in recent years, has said that it is definitely not good for people to go into the foam but they just do not understand the risks. The foam is suspected to be the result of a mixture of washing detergent residue and other waste that gets whipped into a froth by wind and waves during monsoon season.
Only 40 percent of Chennai’s wastewater is treated that means the rest of the sewage from the large city washes right into the sea. Experts have also warned the Fishermen to stay away from the water. One fisherman has pointed out that the value of the fish he catches has dropped to almost nothing.
Pollution of all kind has taken the country by swing. The Air pollution has long been a problem in rapidly-developing India. Now quite frequently the officials have been declaring health emergencies around the country. Recently they declared a public health emergency in New Delhi, the capital of India and a city with more than 20 million residents.
- WordPress Donation Plugin Donorbox Crosses 6000+ Active Installs March 9, 2020
- Meet Sam Jacobs – The Young Prodigy and Creator of a multi-million-dollar Fortune March 9, 2020
- Understanding Facebook Virality: Insights from Creators of Most Amazing Videos On The Internet March 9, 2020
- Big-Time Celebrities, Global Brands and Tourists all party with FabreJay March 9, 2020
- Count of Online Gamers to Cross the Mark of One Billion by 2024: Survey March 9, 2020
- Chillout Radio is Offering the Best Music to Relax to March 8, 2020
- Marko Danial, 19-yr-Old Social Media Influencer and Entrepreneur is Dedicatedly Helping Athletes with his Sports Company, Spzrts March 8, 2020
- Kristen Rose on making the IMDb Hot Actresses & Beyond 2019 List March 7, 2020
- Tech and Business Companies have been Introducing Online Mental Strength Training for their Employees March 7, 2020
- A lot of People are Seeking the Help of Family Law Solicitors to Fight for their Parenting Rights March 7, 2020
Lifestyle8 months ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Tech1 year ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Entertainment7 months ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free
Entertainment7 months ago
123Movies Predicts Hobbs and Shaw will be the Most Downloaded Movie of 2019
World1 year ago
The New Feyenoord Stadium to have 63000 Seat Capacity
Entertainment9 months ago
Jonas Brothers’ ‘Chasing Happiness’ Amazon Documentary now Available for Free on Fmovies
Tech1 year ago
Siri’s latest glitch shows Donald Trump’s age as a penis
Tech9 months ago
Steam Offers Free Games Just Before Steam Summer Sale 2019