Pedestrian accidents usually result from motorists being at fault where they do not notice a pedestrian on the road. These accidents can also result from traffic violations, talking on the phone while driving or being preoccupied with any task while driving.
Who is at Fault?
Frustratingly, it can be difficult to determine who is at fault in a pedestrian accident. Walkers and joggers are responsible for staying on the sidewalk whenever possible, and it is important to wear bright, reflective clothing, to make yourself more visible to drivers. Also, if you must cross the road, wait until a stop sign, stoplight, or designated crosswalk to do so. If you are struck while jaywalking and you are wearing dark clothing, you may be less likely to receive financial compensation for any injuries you sustain.
Sadly, though, many times an accident is not a pedestrian’s fault. In many cases, accidents are primarily the result of unsafe driving. Some car and driver cause of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted or inattentive driving
- Driving too fast or recklessly
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- Auto defects that can send a car out-of-control
- Failure to stop at stop signs and stop lights
- Ignoring pedestrian crosswalks
In a crash between a car and a pedestrian, there is no question as to who will suffer more serious accident injuries. Thus, it is also key for municipalities and road construction crews to build safe roads and sidewalks that are designed to protect pedestrians. Without sidewalks, pedestrians are placed directly in harm’s way and must share the road with drivers. Also, road construction companies should paint reflective white crossing stripes at crosswalks so that walkers and joggers have an obvious place to cross. Stoplights should have crossing signs that tell pedestrians exactly when it is safe to cross.
The majority of accidents involving pedestrians are the fault of motorists, and it is exactly this type of accident that leads to these types of accident claims. With many country roads becoming increasingly overcrowded, instances of pedestrian accident claims are sadly on the rise.
So, what are the leading causes of pedestrian accidents?
Technology – With gadgetry increasingly finding its way into the glove boxes of cars around the world, drivers are being distracted by mobile phones, with millions of road users admitting to texting, calling, and even signing into social network sites while they drive. The last decade has also seen the introduction of satellite navigation devices for drivers, which are now ubiquitous on the roads and severely distract drivers from the task at hand. Eating and playing with the stereo are also age-old causes of pedestrian accidents, and all can be easily avoided with just a little bit of consideration and self-discipline.
Aggressive driving – Driving techniques differ greatly from person to person and are even changeable on a daily basis depending on time constraints, stress, etc. Inner-city driving can be particularly poor as congestion may reduce visibility and make it difficult for some drivers to remain calm and fully cognizant of the possible hazards that may lay in wait. A recent study carried out by a leading transport agency found that the most common maneuvers immediately preceding an accident were left and right turns, reversing or completing a three-point turn.
Ill-prepared pedestrians – Pedestrian accidents are not always the fault of car drivers. There are also measures pedestrians can take to increase their safety when walking on the street. Perhaps the most obvious piece of advice is – wherever possible – to only cross the road at designated crossings. Some pedestrians will cross the road within sight of a crossing without actually using it. Such behavior will likely remove any possibility of a subsequent pedestrian accident claim. When walking at night, it is advisable to wear high-visibility clothing, particularly if you will be walking on poorly lit streets or country lanes.
How can we as pedestrians be safer? Here some safety suggestions to avoid a pedestrian accident that we should always keep in mind:
- Be alert at all times when walking a through a crosswalk – never know when a car, truck, etc will come out of nowhere.
- Do not jaywalk – try to use the designated crosswalk marks on the streets to further diminish the chance of getting hit by a car
- If you happen to be walking around at night, it is extremely important you carry a flashlight as well as wear something that is reflective so that motorists will be able to spot you easier.
- Even if you have the right of way, don’t assume drivers see that you’re crossing the street. Just like everyone else, drivers may become distracted as well and might start moving through the crosswalk.
- Most importantly – should you need to walk along a street and there is no sidewalk, walk against oncoming traffic so that you are aware of cars, trucks, etc. coming at you.
Drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians must all coexist peacefully in order to keep everyone safe. People must share sidewalks, crosswalks, and roadways so that no one suffers from dangerous collisions. This is especially necessary to protect pedestrians, who can be seriously hurt in accidents involving motor vehicles.
Travis Bott is Creating A New Gold Standard For MLM
Travis Bott is a major leader in the cryptocurrency space, he has created an extensive benefit network through his platform, which gives users incentive-based rewards through his methods of network marketing- his company Beyond Global just reached an unprecedented partnership with the exchange CoinZoom.
CoinZoom is the first exchange out of the U.S. to offer to its own Visa debit card, as well an immense amount of rewards through its deal with Beyond Global. Beyond Global is the first company of its kind to offer direct sales. Also, Beyond Global lets users earn up to five percent cash back, and other limitless benefits, like that of when another user makes a qualified transaction on the exchange. Users are also given the ability to make free transactions globally, when they utilize CoinZooom’s ZoomMe feature.
Such a prosperous partnership has landed Bott at the forefront of the cryptocurrency space, as he continues to create more innovations to vastly increase not only the benefits of his users, but the crypto field in general. Through his partnership, Beyond Global now conducts business through six continents and ninety countries. Bott’s empire of digital currency endeavors continues to grow, as he is redefining the modern approach to accessing money around the world.
A perfect example of his incentive-based rewards program is his company MLM ventures, as they are partnering with LurraLife to help people achieve their fitness milestones, while earning money. An easy win-win proposition. LurraLife’s My10kLife project gives people rewards when they walk over 10k steps a day, creating a vast array of rewards that can be accessed through respective rewards providers.
Bott has created seamless methods for users to obtain rewards, implementing the use of network marketing to provide countless benefits to his users and his partnering companies, which act as reward providers. Bott is a visionary entrepreneur who continues to grow the cryptocurrency sector, and is a leading figure in entrepreneurial ventures that are all things crypto.
To learn more about Beyond Global and the Coin Zoom visa debit card, please visit https://www.beyond.global/wallet/
- EaseUS – Faster and Effective Data Recovery Tool for All Data Loss Conditions January 15, 2021
- Speqta CEO Fredrik Lindros Teaches Us How to Say No to Black Box Bidding on PLAs with Their New AI-Based Bid-Optimization Tool Bidbrain™ January 14, 2021
- Sam Paige’s New Single “Not Good Enough” Now Streaming on Spotify January 13, 2021
- Tips To Move Business Long Distance For Relocation January 13, 2021
- Up your street style with the emerging streetwear brand Gadzhi January 13, 2021
- Delaena Kalevor – Why the “Breakage” Model is Profitable But Could Prove Unsustainable January 13, 2021
- Tre Matic’s New Song, “Doing My Thing”, is About Mastering an Independent Skill to Become Successful January 13, 2021
- People are Now Considering Guaranteed Payday Loans Since They Provide Flexible Financial Solution January 13, 2021
- Fred Cary Shares His Number One Dream January 12, 2021
- STYLÉCRUZE Magazine Inc : USA’s finest growing fashion magazine January 10, 2021
Lifestyle1 year ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Tech2 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle4 months ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Entertainment1 year ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free
Health2 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
World2 years ago
The New Feyenoord Stadium to have 63000 Seat Capacity
Tech1 year ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
Entertainment1 year ago
123Movies Predicts Hobbs and Shaw will be the Most Downloaded Movie of 2019