What you can do to mitigate gum disease prevalence
The prevalence of gum disease or otherwise known as Periodontal disease is imposing health risk and financial strains on the American population. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, a large portion of all Americans experience some form of periodontal disease, while a majority, or up to 48% experience mild to chronic levels of gum disease. Around nine to ten percent of those dealing with Periodontal disease are experiencing more severe cases.
This of course has negative implications for both the individual’s oral health and their financial status. The negative health consequences to perio patients that do not get adequate treatment to reverse the progression, begin with gum recession. It then worsens to tooth loss, bone deterioration and some have even associated it with heart and cardiovascular disease. The financial implication is another matter for discussion, and we will delve into this a little further down below. Both the short term and long-term potential cost of gum disease treatment can take a toll on a family’s financial capacity.
Gum Disease Prevention is Key!
According to Mouth Healthy, which is brought to you by the American Dental Association, 47.2% of Americans are experiencing some form of chronic gum disease. With such a prevalence amongst the American citizens, what can be done to reduce this problem?
Prevention is the key, once you become a perio patient, you have to continue your dental visits every 3 months for perio maintenance. The solution to this costly problem is preventative measures, allowing you to reduce the ability to increase your chances of acquiring periodontal disease in the first place.
- Brush your teeth 2 to 3 times daily.
- Visit your dentist for a checkup 2 times per year.
- Floss your teeth at least once per day.
- Get a cleaning twice per year or a deep cleaning if your dentist recommends it.
- Eat healthy, studies have shown, healthy foods help reduce the prevalence of gum disease.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day and especially after meals to wash down your meal, to avoid bacteria from developing.
Prevention, prevention, prevention should be your motto as it relates to your oral health. Unfortunately, periodontal disease is such a serious oral issue that once you have it, it will take continuous treatment every 3 months until the day you no longer need the treatment.
Financial Implications of Gum Disease Treatment
The cost to treat gum disease can be awfully expensive over time. At least, the positive side is that once you start the initial treatment, someone without dental insurance could still cover the cost over the separate periods of treatment. The initial cost for all four quadrants of the mouth will be the heaviest cost you will incur.
Below is a list of some of the cost associated with the initial dental treatments:
- Hygienist does deep cleaning (SRP) of all 4 quadrants. On average you could pay around $344 per quadrant if you do not have health insurance.
- Laser Treatment for all four quadrants will cost you on average around $55 per quadrant.
- Anti-Cavity Coating will run you about $10 per side.
Below are the continuous services you will require to maintain the prevalence of gum disease:
- Every 3 months you’ll require a perio maintenance, which is like a prophy but for gum disease. This is required for treatment & monitoring and will run you on average about $185.
- If additional laser treatment is needed during this portion of the process, you can look at an average cost of about $75 per treatment.
Where to go from here?
Education is primary in prevention. Without education on the bad habits that can lead to periodontal disease, more and more people across the world will be affected by this it. In an effort to increase awareness, please do us a favor and share this article with your family and friends that may need a little direction to avoid these oral problems.
Weight Management Strategies to Help You Stay in Shape
When measuring your body mass index (BMI), your weight and height must go hand-in-hand. If your BMI is 35 and over, you are considered overweight or obese. If it falls below that range, you are going in the right direction. However, most people only get worried about their weight when it poses a health risk. Seeing a specialist for weight management in Lady Lake is a surefire way of evading health risks and improving your quality of life. Here are some of the strategies the Integrated Family Medical Center team applies to help you achieve your weight goals.
- Weight management specialists advocate for physical activity to reduce individuals’ weight
Engaging in physical exercises is one of the best weight management strategies that most specialists champion for. However, not everyone is cut for intense physical activities, but that is not an excuse to be dormant. Weight management can tailor a suitable physical program depending on your current medical condition, the intensity of the previous activity, and individual preferences. If you are unfit for intense exercises, your doctor may find something else for you to do.
- They instill good behavioral and lifestyle habits for weight management purposes
The primary goal of behavioral and lifestyle modification as far as weight management is concerned is to help individuals understand the relationship between their decisions and the consequences of their actions. If you take processed foods regularly, your body will likely be affected by high-calorie intake. Behavioral and lifestyle adjustments are treatments that aim at helping you adopt healthy eating. Once you stick to a healthy pattern of eating, you will not have trouble gaining weight. The treatment program also involves exercise programs, nutrition education, and social support.
- Weight management champions for a healthy diet
When joining a weight management program, you are given weight loss and weight maintenance options to improve your quality of life. Apart from physical activities, your doctor also incorporates dietary restrictions. For example, your doctor may ask you to reduce your protein, fat, and starch portions to see if your body responds to the dietary restriction. Remember, the primary goal of nutritional restrictions is not to starve your body of essential nutrients. Instead, it proves that your diet plays a significant role in determining your rate of weight loss.
- Weight management and support services go hand-in-hand
If you are struggling with losing or maintaining your weight, know that you are not alone. Many people do not know where to seek support systems. The success of a weight management program also depends on emotional support. If your doctor concludes that your weight gain is due to mental concerns, they can link you to a mental wellness specialist to help you cope with your problem.
See a weight management specialist to address your weight problem
Weight gain presents health risks that may put your life in great danger. The earlier you seek weight management services, the better your chances will be when reducing or maintaining your weight. To learn more about weight management strategies, call your specialist today.
- Nathan Khider offers the best program Yen Society for entrepreneurs from entrepreneurs June 19, 2021
- Sick of Always Being the Sidekick: Actress Mahima Saigal hopes to create work that uproots stereotypes and reclaims the Hero’s Journey for people of color. June 18, 2021
- With More Competitors, Food Delivery in Japan Encounters a Prominent Market June 18, 2021
- How Truly Understanding The Masculine And Feminine Can Help In The Boardroom, Not Just The Bedroom June 18, 2021
- Coinstirs’ Robust IT-Enabled System has Simplified the Cryptocurrency Investment and Trading Process to an Unimaginable Limit June 17, 2021
- The Impressive Evolution of CJ Iwu From A Self-Conscious Kid To Vibrant, Charismatic Creator June 17, 2021
- It’s Your Life, Why Are You Not In Charge Of It? The Inside Story of How Junior Anthony Went from Zero to 7 Figures. June 17, 2021
- Weight Management Strategies to Help You Stay in Shape June 16, 2021
- Sclerotherapy: An Effective Treatment for Eliminating Spider Veins June 16, 2021
- Exceptional Mental Healthcare in Florida June 16, 2021
Tech3 months ago
Effuel Reviews (2021) – Effuel ECO OBD2 Saves Fuel, and Reduce Gas Cost? Effuel Customer Reviews
Lifestyle2 years ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Lifestyle4 months ago
East Side Hype x Billionaire Boys Club. Hottest New Streetwear Releases in Utah.
Tech2 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle9 months ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Tech2 years ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
Health2 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
Entertainment2 years ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free