The National Periodontal Disease Trend Across America
What you can do to mitigate gum disease prevalence
The prevalence of gum disease or otherwise known as Periodontal disease is imposing health risk and financial strains on the American population. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, a large portion of all Americans experience some form of periodontal disease, while a majority, or up to 48% experience mild to chronic levels of gum disease. Around nine to ten percent of those dealing with Periodontal disease are experiencing more severe cases.
This of course has negative implications for both the individual’s oral health and their financial status. The negative health consequences to perio patients that do not get adequate treatment to reverse the progression, begin with gum recession. It then worsens to tooth loss, bone deterioration and some have even associated it with heart and cardiovascular disease. The financial implication is another matter for discussion, and we will delve into this a little further down below. Both the short term and long-term potential cost of gum disease treatment can take a toll on a family’s financial capacity.
Gum Disease Prevention is Key!
According to Mouth Healthy, which is brought to you by the American Dental Association, 47.2% of Americans are experiencing some form of chronic gum disease. With such a prevalence amongst the American citizens, what can be done to reduce this problem?
Prevention is the key, once you become a perio patient, you have to continue your dental visits every 3 months for perio maintenance. The solution to this costly problem is preventative measures, allowing you to reduce the ability to increase your chances of acquiring periodontal disease in the first place.
- Brush your teeth 2 to 3 times daily.
- Visit your dentist for a checkup 2 times per year.
- Floss your teeth at least once per day.
- Get a cleaning twice per year or a deep cleaning if your dentist recommends it.
- Eat healthy, studies have shown, healthy foods help reduce the prevalence of gum disease.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day and especially after meals to wash down your meal, to avoid bacteria from developing.
Prevention, prevention, prevention should be your motto as it relates to your oral health. Unfortunately, periodontal disease is such a serious oral issue that once you have it, it will take continuous treatment every 3 months until the day you no longer need the treatment.
Financial Implications of Gum Disease Treatment
The cost to treat gum disease can be awfully expensive over time. At least, the positive side is that once you start the initial treatment, someone without dental insurance could still cover the cost over the separate periods of treatment. The initial cost for all four quadrants of the mouth will be the heaviest cost you will incur.
Below is a list of some of the cost associated with the initial dental treatments:
- Hygienist does deep cleaning (SRP) of all 4 quadrants. On average you could pay around $344 per quadrant if you do not have health insurance.
- Laser Treatment for all four quadrants will cost you on average around $55 per quadrant.
- Anti-Cavity Coating will run you about $10 per side.
Below are the continuous services you will require to maintain the prevalence of gum disease:
- Every 3 months you’ll require a perio maintenance, which is like a prophy but for gum disease. This is required for treatment & monitoring and will run you on average about $185.
- If additional laser treatment is needed during this portion of the process, you can look at an average cost of about $75 per treatment.
Where to go from here?
Education is primary in prevention. Without education on the bad habits that can lead to periodontal disease, more and more people across the world will be affected by this it. In an effort to increase awareness, please do us a favor and share this article with your family and friends that may need a little direction to avoid these oral problems.
The True Benefits of Decluttering for Your Mental Health and Wellness
There’s no doubt that we are all busy with things to do and tasks to accomplish, not just in our work but also, more importantly, in our personal lives. And in our increasingly busy and demanding lives, clutter can accumulate quickly. This clutter can be overwhelming and contribute to feelings of stress and anxiety, especially over time. It can- and will- affect us greatly if we’re constantly surrounded by it, whether in our workspaces or living spaces. On the other hand, it’s no secret that a tidy working and living space can create a sense of calm – but the benefits of decluttering go far beyond just having a neat workspace and home. So what are the true benefits of decluttering for your mental health and wellness? Let’s find out.
Reduced anxiety and stress
Clutter can be a significant source of our stress and anxiety. Imagine how a cluttered space can make it difficult to find what you need, and being surrounded by chaos and disorder can quickly overwhelm us. But when you declutter your space, you can reduce the visual stimuli around you and create a more calming environment. You’ll be able to find what you need more easily, and you’ll feel more in control of your surroundings. And it’s easier to declutter nowadays with help from a skip hire service (such as www.betaskips.co.uk, which will remove all the clutter and clear out your surroundings much faster.
You can also enhance your creativity when you are not surrounded by clutter at all hours of the day. A cluttered space can stifle creativity, and when there’s too much clutter around, it can be difficult to come up with new ideas, much less think clearly! But by decluttering your space, you’ll have more room to think and create. You’ll be able to see things more clearly, which can lead to new and more innovative ideas.
Improved focus and productivity
It can be a real challenge to focus on the task at hand when your space is cluttered. The clutter can distract you, and you may find yourself constantly shifting your attention to different items or belongings around the room. But when you declutter, you can create a more focused environment that allows you to concentrate on what you’re doing.
Improved sleep quality
Did you know that too much clutter can also impact the quality of your sleep? A cluttered bedroom can make it difficult to relax, and it can even contribute to insomnia. But when you have a cleaner and more organized bedroom, it results in a more serene environment conducive to rest and relaxation. You’ll be able to fall asleep more easily (and stay asleep for a longer time), which can lead to greater energy and productivity during the day.
Decluttering your space requires a certain level of mindfulness because it involves being aware of your surroundings, identifying what’s important (and what’s not), and making intentional decisions about what to keep and what to let go of. This level of mindfulness can extend beyond just decluttering your space and can help you cultivate greater mindfulness in other areas of your life! By being more mindful, you’ll be able to make better decisions and live a more intentional, fruitful life.
- Unlocking the Vault: Finding the Best Bonuses from the Most Trusted Casino Providers May 30, 2023
- The Ultimate Guide to the Essential Social Skills in Business May 30, 2023
- Workplace Fun: How to Give Your Team the Time of Their Lives with Adult Fairground Attractions May 29, 2023
- SamBoat Makes Waves in the US May 24, 2023
- Sofia Saidi a well-rounded host of MBC turns heads with her look at Cannes 2023 May 23, 2023
- Six Ways Construction Workers Can Stay Healthy May 23, 2023
- Creating a Comprehensive Onboarding Program: Key Elements & Best Practices May 23, 2023
- 9 Different Types of Pharmacies and their Unique Purpose May 22, 2023
- The True Benefits of Decluttering for Your Mental Health and Wellness May 17, 2023
- Comfort and Functionality: The Importance of Clothing in the Food Industry May 16, 2023
Tech2 years ago
Effuel Reviews (2021) – Effuel ECO OBD2 Saves Fuel, and Reduce Gas Cost? Effuel Customer Reviews
Tech4 years ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
Lifestyle4 years ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Lifestyle2 years ago
East Side Hype x Billionaire Boys Club. Hottest New Streetwear Releases in Utah.
Tech4 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle3 years ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Health4 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
Entertainment4 years ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free