Popular South African real estate czar, Conray Labuschagne, narrates his near-death experiences and how he survived the tribulations
Conray Labuschagne has done well to write his name in the history books when it comes to real estate investment. While the multimillionaire has gone on to live his dream of financial stability as he enjoys life with his family in Australia, Conray has had his trying times, some of which threatened his survival.
The mandatory national service for South Africans is often filled with fun experiences, with people meeting other nationals and sharing their diverse life experiences. However, Conray was not particularly ready for what the compulsory national service had in stock for him. Working as a detective during the service, Conray took 3 gunshot wounds having been shot in the line of duty over the years. This remains one of the entrepreneur’s relatively hidden secret to date.
Conray was coincidentally the survivor of 4 armed robbery situations that ordinarily would have led to his death. In 2019, the detective became a survivor of a lethal accident as a burn victim, with more than 65% of his entire body burned. Consequently, he was made to undergo skin grafting procedures from the lethal burns of third-degree wounds. His recuperation was not the easiest either, as he was resuscitated multiple times, his heart had stopped.
It was a near-death experience for Conray, as it took over 5 minutes for the ambulance to arrive. “If he had taken 3-10 seconds longer to put out the flames on his skin, he would not be alive today,” said the team of surgeons. The surgeons decided to amputate Conray’s left arm and leg to save his life. However, the determined Conray refused to sign the consent form.
The miraculous turnaround and Conray’s recovery remain a shocker to his close friends and loved ones, as he has completely recovered from the accident and has full function of both arms and legs. Thanking the Burns Department and surgeons at Royal Brisbane and Woman’s hospital in Queensland, as well as the Higher Power that watched over him, Conray attributes his survival to his strong mindset, determination, and extreme stubbornness to never give up.
Conray lives on a large property in Australia. Growing his own vegetables and fruits, Conray and his family are involved in nature preservation, especially the rainforest around his property. Conray has multiple horses and rescue animals on his property and enjoys mowing the lawn in his free time.
[QUICK GUIDE] How Much Does Home Warranty Coverage Cost? | Total Home Protection
The average cost of home warranty coverage is between $300 to $600 per year, or $25 to $50 per month (Total Home Protection sits neatly inside this average with plans that range from $500-$599 annually.) Although, you are also required to pay an average of $75 per service call visit. Note, costs may vary based on where you live and the level of coverage you want to place on your home.
As a quick review, the standard fees are as follows:
- Annual Payment: $300 to $600 per year
- Monthly Payment: $25 to $50 per month
- Service Call Fee: $75 per service call visit
Depending on your annual coverage limits, you may also have to pay for repairs that exceed your maximum coverage for a select number of items in your contract. The cost of this will depend on your home warranty coverage company. More on this below:
What is Covered by a Home Warranty Policy?
Home warranty coverage comes in many forms. And home warranty companies offer multiple plans in order to provide their policyholders as much value as possible.
In the case of Total Home Protection (THP), for example, CEO David Seruya describes their coverage plans as follows: “We offer two home warranty plans: Gold Plan and Platinum Plan. Both cover essential home systems and appliances; although the Platinum Plan supplies more extensive services.” THP’s coverage also extends its warranty to cover items despite the item’s age, make, or model, which means that they cover the cost of repair and replacements of all covered items, as long as the damages incurred are a result of natural wear and tear.
Is Home Warranty Coverage Worth the Cost?
To answer this question, let’s discuss the cost of repairs and replacements without home warranty coverage, which we’ve broken down below:
- Cost of Repairs: The cost of repairing damaged items in your home without a home warranty will vary based on the item damaged. As an example, however, the average repair cost of a dishwasher is around $100 to $200. Not so terrible, as a whole. But then, let’s look at the average repair cost of an air conditioner, which can cost up to $160 to $530! Or, the cost of repairing a water heater, which averages at around $200 to $900!
Handling one or two repairs per year for these appliances and home systems might not seem so bad for the short term. However, when you consider the average lifespan of these items—which is around 10-15 years each—you can start to see that there is definite value in having home warranty coverage. Especially for those with older homes or with more items to protect.
- Cost of Replacements: Borrowing from our previous examples: the average replacement cost of a Dishwasher is $300 to $600, replacing a water heater will take another $2,000 to $4,000, and a replacement heating system will cost a whopping $3,000 to $5,000.
Replacements aren’t required as often, of course. And, as mentioned, there are coverage limits that limit the amount of coverage you get per item, per year anyway. However, even when you consider these two factors, the value getting covered is clear when you compare the average cost of a home warranty ($500-$599 if you choose Total Home Protection) and the amount you’ll have to pay to replace one of the bigger ticket items in your home.
Review: Should You Purchase Home Warranty Coverage?
In the end, we’re left with one question: should you purchase home warranty coverage? Unfortunately, only you will be able to truly answer this. The average cost of a home warranty is $300-$600 per year, and that comes with more than $20,000 worth of coverage for your home per year.
Remember that, and then estimate the average cost of repairing or replacing the items in your home based on their average lifespan, and then compare that cost to the annual cost of home warranty coverage.
And, once you’ve got that all figured out, we recommend that you reach out to a home warranty provider like Total Home Protection, who can give you a personal quote on the best plan and the best coverage for you based on your budget and your home. They should be able to address any questions or concerns that you might have as well. And would be more than happy to help you through the process of understanding what exactly you’re signing up for.
- Vanessa Donnelly Embarks On A New Path As A Publicist In Los Angeles November 27, 2020
- [QUICK GUIDE] How Much Does Home Warranty Coverage Cost? | Total Home Protection November 27, 2020
- Los Angeles Rapper King Musa Releases New Project “A Superstar” November 25, 2020
- Learn how Nick Stahl became one of the Youngest fitness influencers in the world! November 24, 2020
- Stevie Wonder leaves his impression as “the most magical human being to walk this planet” November 24, 2020
- Performing in front of large audiences is a dream come true for Fadetheblackk November 24, 2020
- How DJ Xclusive City Built Up His Brand November 24, 2020
- Investing In Cannabis Real Estate Assets Is Gaining Momentum November 22, 2020
- Put A Systematic Approach Forward To Sell Your Cannabis Business November 22, 2020
- Grow Your Lead Generation Business With The Million Dollar Baby Yoda Strategy November 21, 2020
Lifestyle1 year ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Tech2 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle3 months ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Entertainment1 year ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free
Health2 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
World2 years ago
The New Feyenoord Stadium to have 63000 Seat Capacity
Entertainment1 year ago
123Movies Predicts Hobbs and Shaw will be the Most Downloaded Movie of 2019
Entertainment1 year ago
Jonas Brothers’ ‘Chasing Happiness’ Amazon Documentary now Available for Free on Fmovies