Society has created a set of specific beauty standards every woman should live by. You are supposed to weigh a specific number, wear your hair a certain way, do your makeup following the latest trends, and so on. But the truth is those terms and conditions we did not sign up for can be significantly harmful to our bodies, minds, and souls. That is why many advocates have raised their voices and spoken up about this issue. They are the ones trying to motivate individuals to take care of themselves both mentally and physically.
One way women are being encouraged to dive into self-care is by choosing diets that adapt to their health needs, goals, and lifestyles. However, finding the perfect diet can be a challenging process. One of the reasons for this is that there are one too many options out there for you to choose from. But you might also be dealing with dietary restrictions that limit your options. Whatever the case may be, Cookbook Author Erika Schlick offers insight on how to find the perfect diet for your body.
A few years back, Schlick was diagnosed with Lyme disease and other autoimmune conditions, including Alopecia, Celiac disease, Hashimoto’s, and Psoriasis. Because she did not want to be on antibiotics and deal with side effects, she took a more organic route that involved changing her diet completely. This journey led her to write her cookbook: Wandering Palate: 28 Days of Meals Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free & Paleo.
Her personal experience pushed Erika Schlick to become a Health Coach who works with individuals who are struggling like she was. One of the things she coaches them on—and which she has discussed on her blog, The Trail to Health—is how to find your perfect diet. According to Ms. Schlick, there are six different ways in which an individual can find a diet that works for them.
- Elimination Diet: “An elimination diet is a process of removing certain food groups from your diet at a time. After 2-3 weeks of elimination, you reintroduce the food to see how your body reacts. If you experience allergies like bloating, nausea, headaches, or fatigue, it’s likely you are allergic to this food group.”
- Micronutrient Testing: “Micronutrient testing analyzes your levels of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants to discover what’s missing. With these results, you can create a nutritional plan to ensure you’re getting all the vital nutrients your body needs to operate optimally.”
- Ixcela Gut Test: “Ixcela is a super easy and effective at-home microbiome test kit that tests all the metabolites in the gut. The test is a simple pin-prick that analyzes the microbiome and creates personalized nutrition and wellness plans to improve your health and quality of life.”
- Viome Gut Test: “The Viome gut test helps you discover exactly what your body needs to function its best. This test gives you scores, as well as a nutritional roadmap to guide you toward your perfect diet, based on your body’s individual needs.”
- Genoplate DNA Test: “The Genopalate DNA test dives into your specific DNA and customizes a nutritional plan based on your genetics. The goal is to ‘eat for your genes,’ because each of us has biochemical activity rooted in our family genealogy.”
- Everlywell Food Sensitivity Test: “It’s not just about knowing what foods make us feel good, but also what foods make us feel really, really bad. Connecting the dots between symptoms and food allergies is an exhausting process to do on your own. That’s why I recommend the Everlywell home test, which tests you for food sensitivities. It analyzes your body’s immune response to almost 100 common food allergens. Once you receive your results, you can see which foods to eliminate from your diet.”
If you are struggling to figure out which diet would work best for you, it might be time to try one of Erika Schlick’s suggestions. Every piece of advice given by her comes from her personal experience with dietary restrictions and changes and her professional journey. As a Cookbook Author, she has a better understanding of food and how it affects or benefits our body. It might be time you take a closer look at your diet and decide what is best for you.
Hardwood Floors Refinishing: Top Care Tips for a Lasting Shine
Revamping your hardwood floors requires both a time and financial investment, yet the returns are evident in the enhanced aesthetics and functionality of your residential or commercial area. However, the longevity and durability of these newly refinished floors are contingent upon proper maintenance. This detailed guide is designed to offer expert guidance on how to preserve the quality and look of your newly refinished hardwood floors. We’ll cover a variety of subjects, from the science of wood aging and types of wood that need more frequent treatment, to top tips for floor upkeep. Your investment in hardwood floor refinishing need not be short-lived; with the correct care, it can be a long-term enhancement to your property.
Tips for Ensuring Durability in Your Newly Refinished Floors
After you have spent money on hardwood floor refinishing, maintaining their condition becomes a top priority. Here are strategies to prolong the lifespan and appearance of your updated flooring.
1. Regular Cleaning
A clean floor is a happy floor. Use a microfiber mop or cloth to pick up dust, dirt, and grime daily if possible. For a deeper clean, opt for cleaning products specifically designed for hardwood floors. Make sure to read the labels and opt for pH-neutral cleaners that are free from abrasives or harsh chemicals. Weekly or bi-weekly, consider a gentle vacuuming with a hardwood-friendly vacuum cleaner to remove debris that may have settled between the wood planks.
2. Use Protective Pads
One of the most effective ways to prevent scratches and dents on your hardwood floors is to place felt pads under the legs of furniture. This simple step can go a long way in preserving the smooth finish of your floor. You should also replace these pads every few months, as they can wear down or accumulate grime, reducing their effectiveness.
3. Control Humidity
Fluctuating indoor humidity levels can wreak havoc on hardwood floors. Excessive moisture can cause the wood to swell, leading to issues like cupping or buckling, while too little moisture can cause wood to shrink, leading to gaps between planks. Invest in a quality hygrometer to measure your home’s humidity level, and aim to keep it between 30% and 50%. Use a humidifier during dry months and a dehumidifier during humid months to maintain optimal conditions.
4. Proper Spill Management
Accidents are inevitable, but the way you handle them can make all the difference. Whether it’s water, juice, or wine, if you spill liquid on your hardwood floor, wipe it up immediately with a dry or slightly damp cloth. Avoid using paper towels as they can disintegrate and get stuck in the crevices of the wood. Also, never let liquids sit on the wood, as they can seep in and cause staining or warping.
5. No Shoes Policy
Implement a ‘no shoes’ policy to preserve your floors. Shoes can bring in dirt, gravel, and other harmful debris from outside. If a full-blown ‘no shoes’ policy isn’t realistic for your household, at least insist on no high heels or sports cleats, which can cause dents and scratches. You might also consider placing a high-quality doormat at entrances to trap dirt before it gets to your floor.
6. Regular Inspections
Every three to six months, set aside time to inspect your hardwood floors meticulously. Use natural light or a bright lamp to look for scratches, dents, or areas where the finish might be wearing off. If you catch these issues early, you may be able to address them with a simple touch-up rather than a full refinishing job.
7. Refresher Coats
Although your newly refinished floors look amazing now, they won’t stay that way forever without some upkeep. Consider applying a ‘refresher’ coat of finish every two to three years. This isn’t as invasive or time-consuming as a full refinishing project. Instead, it’s more like a topcoat that adds an extra layer of protection, keeping your floors looking vibrant and shiny.
8. Scheduled Expert Cleaning
A yearly cleaning session by professionals can dramatically enhance the condition of your hardwood floors. Specialized machinery and products are used to eliminate tough dirt, renew the wood’s natural shine, and smooth out minor imperfections. This process not only rejuvenates your flooring but also prolongs its lifespan, maintaining its fresh appearance for an extended time.
Advantages of Consistent Upkeep
Routine care for your restored hardwood floors does more than maintain their visual appeal; it also prolongs their durability, augmenting the long-term value of your property. Floors that are regularly cared for can endure for many years, negating the need for frequent, costly refinishing. In addition, a structured care regimen lessens the likelihood that small defects will escalate into serious issues, thus promoting a cleaner and more healthful living area. In summary, regular maintenance serves as a long-term financial benefit and a means of sustaining your home’s elegance.
When To Seek Professional Help
If you notice persistent issues like deep scratches, stubborn stains, or any form of water damage, it’s best to seek professional help. Specialists in hardwood floors refinishing can assess the situation and provide targeted solutions. Companies like 1DayRefinishing offer an extensive range of services that can effectively address these problems. Notably, the company specializes in a one-day turnaround, making them a convenient option for those in need of quick yet high-quality refinishing solutions.
Finding Trustworthy Services for Floor Refinishing
If you’re in a location with scarce local options, consider exploring 1 DAY Refinishing. Their seasoned experts offer complete solutions for maintaining and refinishing hardwood floors, helping to keep them pristine for the long haul.
The decision to invest in refinishing your hardwood floors is a significant commitment to enhancing your home’s aesthetics and overall value. By diligently following proper maintenance routines, your refinished floors can continue to elevate your home’s ambience. Every effort, from regular cleaning, to hiring professionals, adds to the resilience and visual allure of your hardwood floors. Stick to these essential care guidelines, and your floors will maintain their lustre for an extended period.
- Fernando Shahpouri – Fresh Take On Politics September 29, 2023
- Vanex Group’s Superior Exchange Rates Surpass Traditional Banks September 29, 2023
- Hardwood Floors Refinishing: Top Care Tips for a Lasting Shine September 27, 2023
- Kevin Noulowe the most athletic big man Armenia had ever seen September 26, 2023
- The Pros and Cons of Cedar Roofing: A Balanced View September 25, 2023
- Choosing a Reliable Roofing Contractor: 10 Questions to Ask September 25, 2023
- Hardwood Staircase Flooring: Pros, Cons, and Benefits September 21, 2023
- Dr. Mona Jhaveri Explains The Future of Telemedicine: Benefits, Challenges, and Growth Potential September 18, 2023
- 3 Mental Habits To Win Your Wife Back September 11, 2023
- No Contact Done Right: Do THIS To Get Your Ex Back Without Seeming Needy September 11, 2023
Tech3 years ago
Effuel Reviews (2021) – Effuel ECO OBD2 Saves Fuel, and Reduce Gas Cost? Effuel Customer Reviews
Tech4 years ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
Lifestyle4 years ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Lifestyle3 years ago
East Side Hype x Billionaire Boys Club. Hottest New Streetwear Releases in Utah.
Tech5 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle3 years ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Health4 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
Entertainment4 years ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free