It’s normal to have back pain occasionally, especially if you’re over 30 or have a physically challenging job standing or sitting. For many people, it goes away on its own. But if back pain lingers for months without cause, you may be experiencing the first signs of chronic back pain.
WHAT IS CHRONIC BACK PAIN?
“Back pain is considered chronic if it lasts three months or longer. It can come and go, often bringing temporary relief, followed by frustration. Dealing with chronic back pain can be especially trying if you don’t know the cause,” according to Hopkins Medicine.
But chronic back pain is different for everyone, with different symptoms, different tolerance levels, and different reactions to medicine or therapy. Sometimes, the symptoms can be treated with multiple strategies, including using ketamine.
IS CHRONIC PAIN A BIG DEAL?
Yes, and its consequences shouldn’t be minimized or ignored. It not only affects millions of people worldwide, but the World Health Organization calls it one of humanity’s leading sources of disability. Chronic pain leaves its tire tracks on about 50 million American adults; of those, about 44 percent are men and 56 percent are women.
Chronic pain and its evil twin, chronic back pain, harm all age groups and income levels, resulting in stress for individuals, families, and America. How bad is the economic burden? Some reports say the U.S. loses about $600 million a year due to lost productivity.
SYMPTOMS OF CHRONIC BACK PAIN
- Lasts more than a few weeks
- Is intense and doesn’t improve by resting
- Works its way down the legs, particularly if the pain goes below the knee
- Causes weakness, tingling or numbness in either or both legs
- Is paired with unexplained weight loss
- Burning sensations
- Discomfort which feels like it’s stinging, squeezing, or shooting
- Your back is constantly sore or stiff
Many of these symptoms may respond to store-bought pain relievers, therapy, and new treatments like ketamine infusion.
RISKS OF CHRONIC BACK PAIN
- Advancing age results in wear and tear on the spine which results in disc degeneration or spinal stenosis, for example, producing back and neck pain. This is especially true if you’re over 30 compared to someone younger.
- Certain spinal disorders may have a genetic component.
- Any job with repetitive bending and lifting, or that requires many hours of standing without relief or positioned in a chair that doesn’t offer back support puts you at greater risk.
HOW TO DIAGNOSE CHRONIC BACK PAIN?
If you have chronic back pain, you can expect to undergo many tests which may include:
- Blood tests to check for evidence of cancer, inflammation, infection, and/or arthritis
- Bone scans to discover and track a bone disorder, fracture, or infection
- A Discography
- Electrodiagnostic tests
- Diagnostic imaging tests like X-rays
WHAT HELPS WITH CHRONIC BACK PAIN?
In some cases, a doctor will first recommend a store-bought pain reliever or an assistive device for a sore limb before suggesting other treatments. In the case of chronic back pain and diagnostic procedures with inconclusive test results, a healthcare provider could also offer:
- Ketamine infusion therapy. Ketamine is thought to restore and reset connections between nerves throughout the body.
- Analgesics and NSAIDS (aspirin or ibuprofen).
- Alternative therapy like acupuncture.
- Behavioral therapy.
- Physical therapy.
- Spinal mobilization and spinal manipulation.
- Spinal injections.
- Chiropractic procedures.
- Implanted nerve stimulators.
- Rehabilitation programs.
SURGERY MIGHT BE AN OPTION IF …
Back pain is considered chronic when it lasts six months or longer and you don’t know what caused it originally. There are red flags to watch for, which may indicate the need for surgery:
- New or increasing bowel/bladder issues
- Weak limbs
- Walking and equilibrium problems
- Signs of faster (brisk) reflexes
CAN CHRONIC BACK PAIN EVER GO AWAY?
Each of us deals with pain differently, including chronic back pain. If a cause for your pain has been diagnosed and can be treated, there’s a chance the symptoms will disappear for good. However, remember the nature of the condition is such that it can strike anywhere, at any time.
If you’re experiencing back pain that’s become chronic – lasting for several months – and you don’t know what caused it, see a doctor for a diagnosis and treatment. Chances are high the pain won’t go away on its own, and even if you can function with it, it could result in other problems down the road. Many of the symptoms can be relieved with therapy, pain medication, and newer innovations like ketamine infusion.
About the Author
Dr. Aimee Harris-Newon Psy.D., DABPS, C.HT. is a double board certified integrative and interventional psychologist, entrepreneur, author, speaker, and master success coach. She’s considered an expert in integrative health and believes in a holistic approach-treating the body and the mind. She leads a very successful integrative and functional health and wellness practice, serving clients locally and internationally. She and her multidisciplinary team focus on wellness, preventive care and coaching to help people live healthier, happier and more satisfying lives. What makes her truly unique and exceptional is her broad and deep skill set and her approach to health and wellness.
As the founder and director of Dr. Aimee and Associates, and now The Center for Integrative and Functional Health and Wellness, Dr. Aimee Harris-Newon and her team of experts don’t just treat symptoms, they solve health problems, create better outcomes and change lives. Dr. Aimee Harris-Newon also hosts the popular radio show, Mind Over Matters on AM 820, which airs every Sunday morning at 10 a.m. CST.
For more info visit https://www.thecifhw.com/
More and More People Are Now Looking to Buy Sildenafil Online
As more and more people continue to make the switch to online shopping as a result of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, several businesses have benefitted from this. But how has it changed the process of purchasing medications online? In this article, we will be providing you with insight into why more people than ever before have begun to purchase medication such as Sildenafil tablets online.
Changes To The Information Surrounding The Sale Of Medication
When looking at the steps in place that have led to the sale of Sildenafil tablets online the most important step has been the changes to the distribution. With Viagra and Sildenafil tablets once being sold over the counter and only available on prescription, it was this limitation that did not allow customers to buy sildenafil online until the rule’s changes. The changes were implemented in 2018 and meant that this medication was now widely accessible.
The Effects Of Covid-19 On Online Shopping
Another aspect that has caused this shift in the buying behaviour surrounding this form of medication is the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. With many of us shielding and limiting our time out of the house, there has been a huge behavioural shift in the amount of online shopping that has been taking place. This has meant that many businesses that did not rely on E-commerce have now had to adapt in order to accommodate their shops being closed. This has therefore led to more money being spent on medication online.
What To Know Before Purchasing Sildenafil Online?
Though there has been a substantial increase in the number of people looking to buy sildenafil tablets online, it is important to remember that there are several elements to consider before purchasing. One of the most important of course is the dosage that you need. If you have ordered sildenafil before either over the counter or online, then it is important to maintain the same dosage. However, for those that have not, it is important to get a second opinion from a medical professional on the dosage that you need as a result of this.
How Has Technology Revolutionised The Distribution Of Medication?
The final element that has had a huge impact on the number of people purchasing this medication online is the available technology. With many having faster computers and phones than ever before, they can order this medication with ease in just a few simple clicks. Couple this with faster delivery times and you are then met with the winning combination for faster deliveries and improved tracking. It is this easy process that has led to more people than ever purchasing their medication online as the lockdown restrictions continue to keep people inside during this uncertain time.
With this in mind, there are several smaller elements that have led to a shift in buying behaviour when it comes to medication online. Will you be using these online pharmacy services in the future to purchase your medication?
- Branden Condy Is Here to Leave a Legacy November 30, 2020
- A Clear Vision Makes The Arduous Journey Easier And Less Stressful – Says Rahul Saggu November 29, 2020
- Patriot Funding is A Bad Choice To Get Out of Debt November 28, 2020
- Lucy & Louis Helps Kids Make Like-Minded Friends November 28, 2020
- 55 Printing Announces Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals for Printing Products Online November 28, 2020
- Vanessa Donnelly Embarks On A New Path As A Publicist In Los Angeles November 27, 2020
- [QUICK GUIDE] How Much Does Home Warranty Coverage Cost? | Total Home Protection November 27, 2020
- Los Angeles Rapper King Musa Releases New Project “A Superstar” November 25, 2020
- Learn how Nick Stahl became one of the Youngest fitness influencers in the world! November 24, 2020
- Stevie Wonder leaves his impression as “the most magical human being to walk this planet” November 24, 2020
Lifestyle1 year ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Tech2 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle3 months ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Entertainment1 year ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free
Health2 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
World2 years ago
The New Feyenoord Stadium to have 63000 Seat Capacity
Entertainment1 year ago
123Movies Predicts Hobbs and Shaw will be the Most Downloaded Movie of 2019
Entertainment1 year ago
Jonas Brothers’ ‘Chasing Happiness’ Amazon Documentary now Available for Free on Fmovies