Connect with us


HDD Based Web Hosting to be completely Replaced by SSDs till 2020




A recent survey was conducted to find how many web hosts are still using the older HDD device all over the world. And it has been found that almost 20% of the web hosting companies have still not migrated to the modern SSD technology. Earlier, every web hosting company used the HDD (Hard Disk Drive) technology to store the data of all the websites they host.

But with the recent advancements in technology sector, most of the web hosting companies have moved their storage to more robust and better system, SSD (Solid State Drive) technology. Due to this, they have started receiving excellent host review at various platforms. As of today, approximately 80% of the companies store their data on SSD, leaving behind 20% who still use HDD technique to store all their data. As per the survey that was conducted, 100% of the web hosting companies are expected to shift their storage from HDD to SSD by the end of 2020.

That means, SSD will soon dominate storage in the web hosting companies by next year. HDD dominated the storage sector for a very long time. And that was due to its low cost and high storage capacity. But now, it is getting replaced by SSD, that has proved to be a much better technology over HDD. There are many reasons why SSD is dominating strongly today in the storage sector.

SSD has nearly 100 times faster access speed, leading it to run the programs and files more quickly. It uses flash memory to store the data, which is the reason for its better performance as compared to HDD. It uses less power and generates very less heat, which contributes to its longer timespan.

Similar to these, there are few other reasons which have led to its dominance among web hosting companies. And by 2020, every web hosting company would be using this SSD technology for its storage requirements.

From television to the internet platform, Jonathan switched his journey in digital media with Bigtime Daily. He served as a journalist for popular news channels and currently contributes his experience for Bigtime Daily by writing about the tech domain.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


CDN Security: Protecting Your Content and Users




Cyber attacks are becoming more sophisticated and can cause companies severe disruption and financial loss. On average, IT outages cost companies $5,600 per minute. That’s why providing layered cloud protection is essential to improve organizations’ security. The CDN service guarantees such protection, so today, we will delve into what it is and what advantages it provides to users and organizations.

What is CDN security?

The main task of a CDN is to speed up page loading and improve website performance. Along with that, CDN also helps improve security. CDNs are content delivery networks comprising geographically distributed servers connected and optimized through private global networks. This allows the CDN to avoid overloading ISPs and public networks.

The technology is based on caching, where copies of the content are stored on different data processing servers and local caching servers worldwide. Content is served from edge servers closer to users than from the origin server. This is how technology ensures fast, reliable, and secure content delivery. Almost every popular service you use currently uses such solutions: from Netflix and YouTube to online game providers, large e-commerce companies, and government and public institutions.

How does a CDN improve the security of a website and its users?

A content delivery network uses reverse proxy technology to place its servers in front of websites at the network’s edge. This allows CDNs to prevent threats such as DDoS attacks before they even reach a website. In addition, a CDN can balance the load by efficiently distributing traffic between servers, which helps avoid congestion. It also sits at the network’s edge, filtering threats before they reach a website.

How to choose reliable CDN protection?

It’s worth using an integrated, intelligent CDN security solution, and this is precisely what GCore offers its customers. In addition, it is important to pay attention to the following points:

  • The service must include advanced threat detection capabilities, such as sophisticated bot attacks, malware, and layer 7 DDoS attacks.
  • A CDN must provide encryption to protect against network failures and other threats.
  • Evaluate your network size and security infrastructure to select the optimal service package.
  • Give preference to solutions compatible with the SSL certificates used.

Integrated, intelligent CDN security solutions with analytics and reporting are among the services the GCore team offers. Take care of your online security with GCore before cyber threats become a real problem rather than a potential one.

Continue Reading