Regular exercisers typically love the outdoors, whether they run, bike, or simply walk outside – but the weather isn’t always conducive to exercise. Your local gym offers a perfect indoor workout area, but membership fees can be expensive, crowds can be annoying, and on top of that, it might take 10 minutes or longer just to get there.
That’s why so many people are turning inward, looking to create a home workout studio where they can exercise in privacy and comfort. But how can you go about this?
First, you’ll need to think about the location for your workout studio. Technically, any room in your living space can work, but some rooms will be closer to the ideal than others.
- Vertical space. Certain exercises are going to require an abundance of vertical space, especially if you’re already tall. Standing on a treadmill or an elliptical machine shouldn’t introduce the risk of hitting your head on the ceiling. You may also need enough room to do standing overhead presses or jumping jacks.
- Horizontal space. You’ll also need to plan for horizontal space. Depending on the exercises you’re doing, you might want space to walk around – or enough space to include many pieces of equipment.
- Proximity to others. Where is your target room placed in proximity to others? Depending on your objectives, you may want a room that affords you more privacy, or one where your noise won’t bother the other occupants of your household.
- Unique features. Miscellaneous other room features also come into play. For example, you may want a window if you like natural light – or you may not want any windows, so you can feel a better sense of privacy.
Next, you’ll need to think about the floor. The ideal floor for a workout space will be soft, cushioning your body if you’re doing floor exercises. It will also serve as a shock absorber, reducing the strain on your joints while simultaneously protecting the structures underneath. Of course, you’ll also want to look for something inexpensive, so you don’t spend your entire budget on the floor.
Exercise room flooring is designed to give you the best of all possible worlds. It’s affordable, cushiony, easy to install, and perfect for protecting your floors (and in some cases, your body).
Once you have the right flooring installed, you’ll be able to focus more on the equipment. For the most part, you’ll want to invest in the best quality equipment you can afford; cheap equipment may wear out faster, or may be unsafe, making the money you save in the transaction not worth it.
There are many options, including:
- Cardio machines. Various machines exist to help you get a cardiovascular workout. These include things like treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bikes, and even rowing machines. One is typically ample to give you a good start, but multiple options can also be valuable to keep your workouts feeling fresh.
- Dumbbells and barbells. Dumbbells and barbells are versatile, especially if you get an adjustable set of dumbbells, allowing you to lift weight and add resistance to various calisthenic exercises.
- Cable machines. If you have the budget for it, a cable-based weight machine can also be valuable, helping you do exercises you can’t do with free weights alone.
- Miscellaneous extras. There are dozens of extras to consider as well, including benches, pullup bars, kettlebells, inflatable exercise balls, and specialized equipment for different workout routines.
When you’re buying equipment, these tips can help you plan your home gym more effectively:
- Set a budget in advance. Figure out how much money you’re willing to spend without impacting your long-term financial health. Once you have this figure, you’ll be in a much better position to set priorities.
- Understand your personal priorities. What do you want to achieve when working out? If you know you want to focus on building muscle, for example, weights are going to be more important than cardio equipment.
- Consider buying used. You can often get high-quality machinery and equipment for a reasonable price if you buy used. Just be sure to test the equipment for any flaws or defects before you commit to a purchase.
Leaving Room for Expansion
Few among us can buy and assemble a perfect home workout studio from the outset. Over time, your workout priorities might change. Your old equipment might break down. You might have more money to spend. Or there might be new types of equipment you want to include.
Because of this, it’s important to leave room for expansion. Keep an open mind about your next acquisitions, and leave some space in your workout room for a new piece of equipment to come in the future.
Why Kareem Hassan believes self-employment is the key to true freedom
To those working a 9-to-5, self-employment often presents itself as a daunting choice; there is a considerable risk involved but, at the same time, a lot of freedom to be enjoyed. On the other hand, freelancers and entrepreneurs also have to deal with ‘clients from hell’ at times, making them question whether self-employment was the right choice. According to Kareem Hassan, whatever be your view of being your own boss, you cannot deny the freedom that comes along with it. Here, he explains why he believes self-employment is the key to true freedom.
Kareem Hassan runs a 3D printing service and trades collectibles, which have catapulted him into immeasurable success. From early on, Kareem knew that he wanted to be his own boss; he wasn’t cut out for the 9-to-5 grind. Fueled by his passion for entrepreneurship, he began working to create a business where he could truly love and enjoy what he does.
True success to Kareem means freedom, both financial and time. It also means the freedom to be able to share your knowledge with others and to do what you want, when you want. In addition to running his business, Kareem Hassan has also ventured into creating digital art and investing in NFTs. He says that all this would not have been possible had he been working a regular 9-to-5. Instead, he would be stuck doing the same tasks with minimal returns and an even lower growth ceiling.
Another reason why Kareem Hassan vouches for self-employment is that it enables you to retire early. According to Hassan, being your own boss gives you the freedom to stop when you think you’ve accumulated enough wealth and secured enough investments. Once you achieve what you want and have your financial future secured, you can retire from work and pursue anything you want in life.
When he first got started, Kareem Hassan was not sure where this journey would lead him, but he had a firm conviction to see it to the end. He dropped out of college after two years to take care of his family. He began by investing the little he had in collectibles like comic books, rare items, trading cards, and toys. Seeing an opportunity when the popularity of comic books regained momentum in pop culture, Kareem jumped at it and established his business.
According to Kareem, besides success, freedom is the greatest thing about self-employment. Your time is your most valuable asset, and having time freedom is like having a blank canvas; you can fill it with anything you want and create magic. Knowing this, Kareem Hassan says that he wouldn’t trade that freedom for anything. He also points out that self-employment lets you choose the people you surround yourself with and create diverse networks.
Even as he explains these benefits, Kareem Hassan cautions people against assuming that self-employment is the easy way out. In fact, the entrepreneurial journey can be one of the toughest roads to travel, but it is also worth every sleepless night. Moreover, working at something you are passionate about gives you a broader view of everything, making it easier to navigate these challenges.
Despite the challenges of entrepreneurship, Kareem Hassan says that being your own boss is so much better than working for someone else. “When done right, self-employment allows you to live your dream life,” he concludes.
- Current challenges of Manufacturing in Mexico September 27, 2021
- Akylles: Accomplished Startup Experts Empowering Entrepreneurs September 27, 2021
- Green Bay Investment Advisors Keep Updating Your Investment Plan As Per Market Changes September 27, 2021
- Businesses are Using Good Fabricators Due to Their Effective Results September 27, 2021
- Why Kareem Hassan believes self-employment is the key to true freedom September 23, 2021
- A complete guide to the best chatbots September 22, 2021
- Meet Eva Menta, increasing the temperatures on social media as a hot fashion model and social influencer September 22, 2021
- Dr. Cyr Is Not Only A Dedicated Surgeon But Also A Passionate Teacher & Guide To His Students September 21, 2021
- Managing partner of Golden Ace Ventures, Avi Mittal shares ten tips for budding entrepreneurs September 19, 2021
- Can I Sue for a Dog Bite in Milwaukee, Wisconsin September 18, 2021
Tech6 months ago
Effuel Reviews (2021) – Effuel ECO OBD2 Saves Fuel, and Reduce Gas Cost? Effuel Customer Reviews
Lifestyle2 years ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Lifestyle7 months ago
East Side Hype x Billionaire Boys Club. Hottest New Streetwear Releases in Utah.
Tech2 years ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
Tech3 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle1 year ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Health2 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
Entertainment2 years ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free