While some doctors work as locum tenants instead of full-time jobs, the majority of doctors work in addition to full-time jobs, according to a new study. Last year, 40,000 doctors worked in senior positions in the US, and physician recruiters and locum tenens companies are an important part of this fast-growing industry.
Data from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department of Health indicate that locum doctors will help address the challenges facing hospitals and millions of patients across the country in the coming decades.
Reasons Why Doctors Choose Locum Work
- Locum doctors fill many posts and ensure that more people go to doctors and receive medical care, which compensates for the shortage of doctors, especially in underserved areas.
- Many locum doctors use temporary work to focus their careers solely on clinical care. Hospital doctors can also use it to determine what they want to do with their careers.
- Hospital administrators also find using temporary staffing solutions appealing to save on training and career development costs, and the cost of treatment errors is covered in most contracts.
- High demand also means that doctors can afford to be flexible about where they want to use their skills and when they want to work.
- Given the large number of patients currently being seen, GPs can feel safer to find work at any time and be more flexible in their working hours.
- Salaries for general practitioners have increased in recent years, but doctors often have no leeway to negotiate with health care providers. Working as a locum gives a doctor the opportunity to increase their earnings.
- Some locum doctors choose this type of employment because they can explore different hospital situations and locations to determine where they want to settle.
- Newly trained doctors may opt for a locum-based position because it can be a more stable and affordable option than starting their own practice.
- Many doctors do this type of work to earn extra income and gain more experience, but there are doctors who want to end their careers or work less in retirement.
- Some temporary doctors are willing to take a second or third job to supplement their income and pay off student loans, according to the American College of Physicians.
- With locum tenens, doctors can work in any medical function, and there is a wide range of jobs available in different medical specialties.
- Many doctors say they can be more present at home because they don’t worry about paperwork, personnel decisions, or departmental meetings.
- Hospitals and facilities across the country regularly use locums when full-time staff is on leave or they are waiting to hire a new doctor. So there are ample opportunities locum doctors can choose from.
The Popularity of Locum Work Will Continue
Not long ago, working in locum tenens was seen as a way for older doctors to retire or new doctors to try different jobs before committing permanently. While there are still a small number of doctors in the US with full-time jobs, a growing number of doctors are taking a new view of locum tenens work and defining it as part of their career path.
Bringing clean water – Christopher Kenny’s Preservation Earth Project
Science plainly shows that a human can survive three weeks without food, yet most individuals cannot survive three to four days without water! Dehydration sets in, and the person will go into shock and become vegetative even if they continue to breathe. In other words, water is an essential requirement. A living thing cannot thrive without it. Nonetheless, it is a horrifying truth that billions of people worldwide lack access to safe drinking water.
In developed countries, when everything from technology to luxury is available, receiving clean water at home is as ‘natural’ as breathing fresh air. Most individuals in advanced nations may not pay much attention to it, but this is not the case for the rest of the globe. Many countries continue to lack access to clean water sources or water appropriate for human use. Safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene at home should not be limited to the wealthy or those who live in cities. These are some of the most fundamental human health requirements, and all countries must ensure everyone has access to them.
The Preservation Earth Project (PEP) made its way to Tsaile, New Mexico. Over time, uranium mining, fracking, and pesticide abuse damaged the water supply, resulting in a high occurrence of numerous illnesses. Approximately 35% of the Navajo people do not have access to flowing water, and some must go to a remote location to fill barrels with water from a polluted local spring.
There is no doubt that climate change is boosting storm strength. Recent natural catastrophes have heightened the need for groups to step up and give support, answers, and relief to individuals affected by such natural disasters. The Preservation Earth Project is a non-profit organization that provides support, education, and solutions to help society transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy.
A look back at Christoper Kenny’s life
Chris Kenny was born in Summit, New Jersey, on May 4, 1961. He was one of twelve children. In 1980, he received a B.A. in economics and finance from Warren Wilson College in Swannanoa, North Carolina. He also attended New York University, earning a commercial real estate management degree from the Schack Institute. Since 2018, he has served as the head of Strategy and E-trading at Hartfield, Titus, and Donnelly. Kenny started his career in the U.S. In 1985. He worked as a Treasury Bond Broker. He formerly worked at Bonds.com as the director of fixed income sales and technological development. His academic background is in business and finance. Chris is passionate about developing and promoting renewable energy, mainly when it is used to assist people in need. The potential to aid those in urgent demand as a result of a human-caused environmental or natural disaster is not just a philanthropic act but also a once-in-a-lifetime educational opportunity.
He used solar power on mobile platforms as a backup power source for emergencies, water purification, and water pumping.
His academic credentials are in business and finance. Chris is passionate about developing and promoting renewable energy, mainly when it is used to assist people in need. The potential to aid those in urgent need as a result of a human-caused environmental or natural disaster is not just a philanthropic act but also a once-in-a-lifetime educational opportunity. He has over 38 years of experience in finance as a salesperson, broker, trader, and investor.
Making clean water available to everyone
In 2012, Kenny founded The Preservation Earth Project, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. It provides assistance, education, and alternative energy solutions to help society shift to renewable energy. It was involved and aided Haiti several times after the 2010 earthquake, providing portable solar electricity for water purification and medical facilities. In 2020, the business devised a solution for the Navajos’ contaminated water source. They collaborated with engineers and local officials to build, produce, and install a solar-powered water filtration system for the Navajo people of Tsaile, New Mexico. Other activities have included providing portable solar power to the “Cajun Navy” for rescue and clean-up in areas devastated by the 2015-2021 hurricane season in Louisiana.
The project designed, delivered, and installed a solar-powered filtration system that will provide clean drinking water to the local Navajo community 365 days a year for many years to come. Several more initiatives are in the works to provide safe drinking water to Native American communities on the Navajo Reservation.
President’s letters of gratitude
President Jimmy Carter sent Chris two heartfelt letters encouraging him to continue his charitable work. He suggested calling Habitat for Humanity and asking if they were interested in collaborating on a few projects. He and Kenny both helped out at the charity.
- Top 6 Investments for Your Child’s Future January 27, 2023
- Why use custom web development? Why is it better to use ready-made CMS January 27, 2023
- Strategies for Scaling Your Ecommerce Business with Social Media Advertising January 25, 2023
- Healthcare Leader Avantika Sharma Reveals How Digital Tech Solutions Can Improve Prior Authorization Procedures January 25, 2023
- Life Hacks for an Active and Healthy Lifestyle January 24, 2023
- You Need to Try These 5 Things in 2023 January 23, 2023
- Everything You Need to Know About PAMM Forex Brokers January 23, 2023
- Bringing clean water – Christopher Kenny’s Preservation Earth Project January 22, 2023
- Writing and Illustrating Children’s Books: A Creative Outlet for All Ages January 20, 2023
- What is the Value of Online Marketing? Jonas Muthoni Shares his Thoughts January 18, 2023
Tech2 years ago
Effuel Reviews (2021) – Effuel ECO OBD2 Saves Fuel, and Reduce Gas Cost? Effuel Customer Reviews
Tech3 years ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
Lifestyle4 years ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Lifestyle2 years ago
East Side Hype x Billionaire Boys Club. Hottest New Streetwear Releases in Utah.
Tech4 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle2 years ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Health4 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
Entertainment4 years ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free