Mental health is a bit of a hot topic these days. People are discussing it all over the place, celebrities are coming clean about their struggles with mental health, and new forms of therapy are branching out everywhere.
One might think that this indicates that mental health statistics are improving. Unfortunately, this isn’t necessarily the case. In fact, it seems like more and more people are becoming aware of mental health treatment not because the problem is improving, but because it’s worsening, especially among youth.
Why Is Everyone Talking About Mental Health?
People are talking about mental health all over the globe. In some respects, this is a good thing – it’s bringing awareness to the perceived stigma that many people believe in regards to mental health. But why exactly is this happening?
- Mental health is becoming more problematic. As more and more people develop mental health problems, more and more issues arise in the society that we live in. Consider, for a second, a workforce that grows increasingly more anxious or depressed. Satisfaction in the workplace will drop, employee termination will increase, and the only thing that could help would be bringing awareness to these problems.
- The mental health stigma is changing. A lot of things are working to improve upon the current stigma surrounding mental health. Over the last few years, it’s been considered something of a taboo to discuss things like anxiety or depression. This has made it difficult for people to decide to openly seek therapy or treatment for their issues, due to fear of being judged or labeled.
Things like online counseling and celebrity endorsement of mental health treatment are starting to turn this stigma around. People are beginning to recognize that mental health isn’t a joke, it’s a serious issue that needs to be taken care of.
- It’s a sensitive topic. Like it or not, many media outlets report on topics that will get a powerful response from the public – and this means that they’ll make a point of reporting on topics that people are sensitive about, such as mental health.
More and more news and media outlets are beginning to cover stories regarding mental health – and unfortunately, a lot of them aren’t stories with happy endings. Stories of people doing dangerous or irresponsible things as a result of their mental health has brought the issue into sight for many people.
How to Prevent Mental Health from Getting Worse
One of the things that needs to be recognized is that people just don’t always take counseling and therapy seriously. Counseling and therapy have survived for so long because they’re effective.
When someone actually makes a point of seeking out professional help, they’re usually surprised about how much they can learn about themselves and their mental health. Counselors and therapists help provide the tools and skills that you can use to develop insight into your emotional health, so that you can live a long and happy live.
New Headphones have Released in Market to Help you Stay Focused
Mindset, a new pair of headphones in market, plays tunes while preventing outside distractions and training the brain to concentrate. After putting the headphones, the electroencephalogram (EEG) sensors embedded in the top of the headphones start to monitor brainwaves in real time. This measurements can tell when the mind is wandering and when it is focused. It plays a tone as soon as it realises the mind is slipping from the given task.
According to Jacob Flood, who is a co-founder of Mindset, with time the brain learns to recognize distractions on its own and tunes itself. That means the headphones won’t be required to do so. What Mindset focuses on is to improve concentration and ability to get into deep flow state needed to absorb complex materials. Mindset is also designed to detect dips in attention due to fatigue and provide suggestion on how long it will take the brain to recover from it.
Concentration ability has become a general issue on college campuses. In a study conducted on more than 10,000 college students, results showed that more than half of them were on prescribed Adderall or other ADHD drug. Flood claims that Mindset can help curb this prescribed drug abuse.
Mindset is not yet a medically-certified device. A Federal Drug Association (FDA) approval takes years. Flood said that seeking FDA approval isn’t their priority. For now they are focussed on Mindset reaching as many consumers as possible, teaching them how to train your brain and improve concentration.
The results of using Mindset headphones are mixed. Some studies pointed out that it is expensive, time-consuming and its benefits are not long-lasting. But Flood sees Mindset headphones being something students will keep in backpack or a worker may have on their desk to control subconscious, to use it as a tool to further education & to improve work life.
- New Headphones have Released in Market to Help you Stay Focused August 19, 2019
- People are Choosing Drug Discount Card to Save Money on the Prescribed Drugs August 19, 2019
- How to Clean your FR Clothing? August 19, 2019
- Baltimore Based Rapper, TrevMoMatic’s Voice is Elevating him as International Artist August 19, 2019
- Stankevicius Interactive Media Platform is an Advantage to Global Business August 18, 2019
- Having Knowledge about SARMs has Become a Must for BodyBuilders Today August 18, 2019
- Terrance Lewis, a Wrongfully Convicted Man, Finds Hope of Starting Anew by Removing Tattoos August 18, 2019
- Custom Essay Writing can Improve your University Performance August 17, 2019
- Capacity Rated as the Most Important Factor when Selecting Backpacks for Kids August 17, 2019
- Binary Options Trading Signals by Franco are Benefiting Investors August 17, 2019
Lifestyle1 month ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Tech8 months ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Entertainment3 weeks ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free
World8 months ago
The New Feyenoord Stadium to have 63000 Seat Capacity
Entertainment3 months ago
Jonas Brothers’ ‘Chasing Happiness’ Amazon Documentary now Available for Free on Fmovies
Tech2 months ago
Steam Offers Free Games Just Before Steam Summer Sale 2019
Entertainment2 weeks ago
123Movies Predicts Hobbs and Shaw will be the Most Downloaded Movie of 2019
Health4 months ago
Acne Scar Healing Serum by Slurp receives Praises from Everyone