Most Common Car Accident Injuries and How to Avoid Them
If you are involved in a car accident (and chances are that you will be at some time in your life) then you will dealing with a variety of issues including getting your car repaired, dealing with your insurance company, dealing with any other parties involved, and in the worst cases, a doctor or hospital if you are injured as a result of the accident. Injuries resulting from car accident run the gamut from the simples of bruises to the most severe that cause one to be paralyzed or even death.
Below is a list of some of the most common injuries that result from car accidents as well as some tips on how to keep yourself safe from them if you are ever involved in a collision:
Common car accident injuries
- Whiplash – Whiplash is one of the most common injuries cited in car accidents. It is caused when the head is suddenly WHIPPED forward and/or backward due to the force of the collision. Soft tissue, such as muscle, ligaments or tendons are stretched or compressed causing painful aching and can persist for a long time following the accident.
- Small abrasions/cuts – Small cuts or abrasions resulting from debris hitting the driver or passenger or from a body hard rubbing against a part of the vehicle during an accident are also quite common.
- Head trauma– Another injury that is not as common but can be severe is head trauma. This is caused by the head striking something during an accident and can affect eyesight and cause brain issues as well.
- Broken bones – Painful broken bone injuries are often a result of car accidents and while they can be serious, some fractures may not be discovered until a visit to the doctor to get an x-ray. Adrenalin often surges in someone who is involved in a car accident which can help mask the pain of such an injury, at least for a short period of time.
- Psychological stress/PTSD– Some car accidents can be extremely violent, result in multiple injuries or even death. Because of this, some who are involved can suffer psychological stress such as PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. This may not be discovered until sometime after the accident, but it can be extremely damaging to the sufferer.
In the event you experience any of these injuries after a car accident (whether major or minor), you may find that you are asking yourself: when should I see my doctor? Is it really necessary? To play it safe, it is strongly advised that you see your doctor to treat your injuries and prevent them from getting any worse. Your doctor may also be able to discover and treat your injuries that were not immediately visible (such as psychological stress or internal head injury) to you as a precaution.
How to avoid car accident injuries
- Maintaining a safe speed and driving habits – While this admonition may seem like a no-brainer, unsafe speed and reckless driving is the cause of MANY accidents. Simply being reminded of this tip may help to help one avoid a future collision.
- Maintaining your vehicle – Making sure that your car is in top working condition at all times is a great way to keep one safe and free from injury. Tire blowouts, non-working headlights, and brakes that are not functioning can all lead to accidents and injury and can all be avoided via proper vehicle maintenance. And to check for all of these functionalities, majority of the people have now started using the topside creepers to make it easy working on the top parts of the engine. You need to check the topside creeper reviews to make sure you have the best topside creeper so that you don’t suffer any injury while looking after your car engine.
- Limit loose objects in your car – Make sure that you do not have lots of loose debris in your vehicle as these objects become missiles during a car accident. Secure items in your glove box, console, or trunk whenever you are driving to avoid injury from them hitting you should an accident occur.
- Do not divert your attention from the road ahead – Avoiding distractions while driving is a fantastic way to avoid the previously mentioned car accident injuries. This means no texting, no talking on the phone, no fiddling with the music, and no eating or drinking. Focus on getting to your destination SAFELY, that is your primary responsibility.
- Seatbelts…always seatbelts – Recent statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) show that nearly 50% of all people killed in traffic accidents were not wearing their seatbelts. Seatbelts save lives AND protect individuals from injury. Wear them!
While no method is 100% guaranteed to protect one from injury in a car accident, following the tips above can certainly decrease your chances of becoming injured. Please follow them and we wish you safe travels!
6 Reasons to Try Cannabis Edibles
Are you looking for a reason to try cannabis edibles? If you’re wondering if there are benefits to edibles that you can’t get with other forms of cannabis, the answer is yes. Here are some of the best reasons to try cannabis edibles.
- Some edibles are boosted
When you smoke cannabis flower, you’re only getting cannabis. That’s not a bad thing, but there are brands that sell edibles that have been boosted with other ingredients. For instance, you’ve probably seen capsules with added herbs to help you sleep – the same is true for edibles.
One of the newer enhanced cannabis edibles are the Bits adaptogen-boosted edibles. These new cannabis edibles contain just 5mg of THC per Bit so you don’t overdo anything. Each flavor is packed with a unique blend of adaptogens like ashwagandha, reishi, elderflower, lemon balm, ginseng, guarana, and rose hip.
Why adaptogens? Adaptogens have been proven to have a positive impact on the central nervous system by decreasing sensitivity to stressors. In other words, adaptogens reduce stress and anxiety and contribute to an overall sense of wellbeing. When you consume cannabis edibles boosted by adaptogens, you’re going to feel more relaxed.
- Edibles provide precise and consistent dosing
One of the best reasons to try edibles is for precise and consistent dosing. When edibles are made, the cannabis is thoroughly and evenly mixed in, so each serving has the intended dosage when the final product is made. In addition, premium cannabis brands like Verano lab test each batch to ensure quality and consistency with all of their products, including cannabis edibles.
When you smoke flower, you won’t always get the same amount of THC. It’s nearly impossible to know how much THC or CBD you’re getting from smoking flower. Even when you smoke the same strain in the same amount, the THC and other cannabinoids are distributed unevenly throughout each bud.
If precise and consistent dosing is important to you, then edibles are going to be your favorite cannabis delivery method.
- Edibles are tasty
Edibles taste good, so why not try them? It’s just like eating a snack or a treat, but with a purpose. If you’ve avoided trying cannabis tinctures or oil because you don’t like the flavor, that’s understandable. Edibles are different because the taste of cannabis itself can be easily masked.
Brands go out of their way to come up with recipes that taste good because they know some people don’t like the strong flavor of cannabis. Edibles like brownies, cookies, and chocolate bars usually just taste like any other cookie, brownie, or chocolate bar. Premium cannabis brands will also use quality ingredients to produce the best cannabis-infused gummies, hard candies, and baked goods.
- Edibles are easy to carry
If you want to carry your cannabis around discreetly, that’s easiest with edibles. They usually come in smaller packages that you can fit into a pocket or bag, and edibles are easy to eat without anyone suspecting you’re consuming cannabis.
When carrying edibles, be smart about where you bring them. Make sure you know where you can and can’t have them. If you’re headed to the airport of a government building, for example, you’ll want to leave your edibles at home.
- The effects of edibles last for a long time
Smoking flower is great when you need relief quickly, but when you want the effects to last a long time, edibles are your best option. When you ingest cannabis, it takes longer for the effects to kick in, but those effects will last for a much longer time. You also don’t need to consume as much cannabis to get these long-lasting effects.
Everyone is different, and the timing depends on a multitude of factors like our metabolism and whether you’ve eaten or have an empty stomach. However, in general, it takes between 30 minutes and 4 hours to start feeling the effects of edibles. From there, the effects can last a few hours or even up to twelve hours. This is why many people take edibles before going to bed – getting that full impact while they sleep makes them wake up feeling incredibly rested.
- Edibles are a great alternative to smoking
Although smoking cannabis is probably the most popular consumption method, it’s not for everyone. Edibles won’t expose you to the potentially harmful effects of smoking. If you’ve been avoiding trying cannabis because you thought you had to smoke it, edibles are the perfect opportunity for you to try cannabis.
Already familiar with edibles? Try something new
If you’ve been consuming cannabis edibles for a while, maybe it’s time to try something new. If you’ve always been into baked goods, branch out and try some beverages, chocolate bars, or even an adaptogen-boosted cannabis gummy for example. There are plenty of edibles to choose from so you can be sure you’ll find something new that you can enjoy.
- CDN Security: Protecting Your Content and Users June 7, 2023
- The Benefits Of Staff Training And Development In Geriatric Care June 7, 2023
- Unlocking the Vault: Finding the Best Bonuses from the Most Trusted Casino Providers May 30, 2023
- The Ultimate Guide to the Essential Social Skills in Business May 30, 2023
- Workplace Fun: How to Give Your Team the Time of Their Lives with Adult Fairground Attractions May 29, 2023
- SamBoat Makes Waves in the US May 24, 2023
- Sofia Saidi a well-rounded host of MBC turns heads with her look at Cannes 2023 May 23, 2023
- Six Ways Construction Workers Can Stay Healthy May 23, 2023
- Creating a Comprehensive Onboarding Program: Key Elements & Best Practices May 23, 2023
- 9 Different Types of Pharmacies and their Unique Purpose May 22, 2023
Tech2 years ago
Effuel Reviews (2021) – Effuel ECO OBD2 Saves Fuel, and Reduce Gas Cost? Effuel Customer Reviews
Tech4 years ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
Lifestyle4 years ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Lifestyle2 years ago
East Side Hype x Billionaire Boys Club. Hottest New Streetwear Releases in Utah.
Tech4 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle3 years ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Health4 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
Entertainment4 years ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free