If you are involved in a car accident (and chances are that you will be at some time in your life) then you will dealing with a variety of issues including getting your car repaired, dealing with your insurance company, dealing with any other parties involved, and in the worst cases, a doctor or hospital if you are injured as a result of the accident. Injuries resulting from car accident run the gamut from the simples of bruises to the most severe that cause one to be paralyzed or even death.
Below is a list of some of the most common injuries that result from car accidents as well as some tips on how to keep yourself safe from them if you are ever involved in a collision:
Common car accident injuries
- Whiplash – Whiplash is one of the most common injuries cited in car accidents. It is caused when the head is suddenly WHIPPED forward and/or backward due to the force of the collision. Soft tissue, such as muscle, ligaments or tendons are stretched or compressed causing painful aching and can persist for a long time following the accident.
- Small abrasions/cuts – Small cuts or abrasions resulting from debris hitting the driver or passenger or from a body hard rubbing against a part of the vehicle during an accident are also quite common.
- Head trauma– Another injury that is not as common but can be severe is head trauma. This is caused by the head striking something during an accident and can affect eyesight and cause brain issues as well.
- Broken bones – Painful broken bone injuries are often a result of car accidents and while they can be serious, some fractures may not be discovered until a visit to the doctor to get an x-ray. Adrenalin often surges in someone who is involved in a car accident which can help mask the pain of such an injury, at least for a short period of time.
- Psychological stress/PTSD– Some car accidents can be extremely violent, result in multiple injuries or even death. Because of this, some who are involved can suffer psychological stress such as PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. This may not be discovered until sometime after the accident, but it can be extremely damaging to the sufferer.
In the event you experience any of these injuries after a car accident (whether major or minor), you may find that you are asking yourself: when should I see my doctor? Is it really necessary? To play it safe, it is strongly advised that you see your doctor to treat your injuries and prevent them from getting any worse. Your doctor may also be able to discover and treat your injuries that were not immediately visible (such as psychological stress or internal head injury) to you as a precaution.
How to avoid car accident injuries
- Maintaining a safe speed and driving habits – While this admonition may seem like a no-brainer, unsafe speed and reckless driving is the cause of MANY accidents. Simply being reminded of this tip may help to help one avoid a future collision.
- Maintaining your vehicle – Making sure that your car is in top working condition at all times is a great way to keep one safe and free from injury. Tire blowouts, non-working headlights, and brakes that are not functioning can all lead to accidents and injury and can all be avoided via proper vehicle maintenance.
- Limit loose objects in your car – Make sure that you do not have lots of loose debris in your vehicle as these objects become missiles during a car accident. Secure items in your glove box, console, or trunk whenever you are driving to avoid injury from them hitting you should an accident occur.
- Do not divert your attention from the road ahead – Avoiding distractions while driving is a fantastic way to avoid the previously mentioned car accident injuries. This means no texting, no talking on the phone, no fiddling with the music, and no eating or drinking. Focus on getting to your destination SAFELY, that is your primary responsibility.
- Seatbelts…always seatbelts – Recent statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) show that nearly 50% of all people killed in traffic accidents were not wearing their seatbelts. Seatbelts save lives AND protect individuals from injury. Wear them!
While no method is 100% guaranteed to protect one from injury in a car accident, following the tips above can certainly decrease your chances of becoming injured. Please follow them and we wish you safe travels!
Importance and Benefits of Vibration Isolators
We all know that various kinds of vibrations surround us. There are vibrations from machines, industrial engines, vehicles or even from the construction of buildings and so on. Generally, these vibrations go unnoticed because they don’t impact us much directly. But there are some vibrations, which cannot be tolerated by the human body in any manner. In such a situation, a vibration isolator can be of great help. It is evident from the name that with these isolators, it is possible to cut down on vibrations from various sources.
Vibrations and their probable causes
Your machine might seem smooth with no sound or problems, but it produces vibrations for sure. The magnitude of the vibrations indeed varies from one another. When vibrations take place, various kinds of issues start emanating. These can create excessive noise, friction, failure in different mechanical devices and imbalances as well. When vibrations take place in construction work setup or heavy machinery, there can be risks of safety and security. There can be accidents, and the involved machinery can also get damaged.
Mentioned below are some causes of vibrations:
- Loose connections – There are high chances and screws, and bolts loosen over some time. The same happens with bearings as well. They can wear out and get loose after a time. When they are not tightened properly, they cause vibrations leading to damage in the long run. Some other causes might include ductwork problems, cracked welds or piping issues as well. Improper fitting is the leading cause of loose connections as well.
- Imbalance – The axis of the machine must be balanced as different components keep on rotating in the machines. Due to an imbalanced axis, the machine might start vibrating. With an increase in speed, the imbalance also starts increasing, and the vibration also increases simultaneously. Manufacturing defects and machining errors might also be responsible for the vibrations.
Apart from these causes, wear and tear and misalignment in machine parts might also cause vibrations in machines. Sometimes, these vibration-related problems can crop up without prior hint.
Benefits of using vibration isolation and isolators
The main aim of vibration isolation is reducing the amount of vibration caused by the machines, and this is done with the help of different kinds of vibration isolators. These isolators come in different sizes and shapes and are used as required. With proper vibration isolation, long term effects can be seen. There are reduced breakdowns, much lesser costs of replacement parts and energy savings. The risk of any mishap can also be minimized.
Finding the right kind of isolator for your device or machine
Vibration isolators vary from one another, greatly depending on the machine where they are used. You might not know which isolator will be perfect for your device. What will you do in such a situation?
There is no need to worry in this matter as there is an app which will help in finding the right vibration isolator. Vibration Isolator Pro is the app, which is quite simple to use and helps in getting the best isolator as per your needs and requirements. The app is free and will always remain so. Therefore there is no need for any kind of subscription for using the app whatsoever. The interface of the app is easy and simple to use. In case you need help for some reason, you will find real-time support.
- Cyber Mogul Of India, Aditya Belnekar Explains How A Brand Should Be Promoted Digitally February 24, 2020
- Iseko Summers 2020 Goes To Mexico! The Ultimate Event For All Business Minds To Be Held From July 16 – July 20, 2020 February 24, 2020
- Personal Injury Lawyer Covington GA Featured in the News February 24, 2020
- How Chase Campbell’s Brand ‘Size Up’ Changed The Entire Scenario Of The Supplement And Apparel Industry February 22, 2020
- Pennon Partners Claims Its Debt Consolidation Program Will Get You Out of Debt February 22, 2020
- Digital Stylists Take Away Your Wardrobe Woes, Says Rachel Choy February 22, 2020
- Top Ways to Select Good Background Music for Your Videos February 20, 2020
- Leon Budrow: The Heart of a Rising Star February 20, 2020
- Liquid Kratom Concentrates: Future of Kratom Consumption February 20, 2020
- Wadi Swat Transport is Selected as the Most Reliable and Trusted Bus Transportation Company in the UAE February 20, 2020
Lifestyle7 months ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Tech1 year ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Entertainment7 months ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free
Entertainment7 months ago
123Movies Predicts Hobbs and Shaw will be the Most Downloaded Movie of 2019
World1 year ago
The New Feyenoord Stadium to have 63000 Seat Capacity
Entertainment9 months ago
Jonas Brothers’ ‘Chasing Happiness’ Amazon Documentary now Available for Free on Fmovies
Tech1 year ago
Siri’s latest glitch shows Donald Trump’s age as a penis
Tech8 months ago
Steam Offers Free Games Just Before Steam Summer Sale 2019