Many Americans don’t know what a bidet is, let alone why you would need one.
That’s because bidets (pronounced “bi-day”) are a French invention that have yet to become widespread in the US.
But they’re very popular in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. For example, over 77.5% of Japanese homes have one.
What Is a Bidet?
A bidet is a bathroom appliance that sprays water on your bottom to clean you after you’re done going to the bathroom. It’s an alternative to using toilet paper. There are different types of bidets: stand-alone, handheld, toilet seat, attachment, and even travel versions.
Stand-alone bidets are often mistaken for a low sink or a urinal. That’s what they look like. However, they’re meant to be squatted over after using the toilet for cleaning yourself.
A handheld bidet, aka a bidet shower or shattaf, is a little hose that you can hold and direct with your hand. They’re a nice DIY option because they’re easy to install.
Other bidets are integrated into the toilet seat. These are nice because they don’t require you to move from the toilet seat at all. A spray nozzle extends beneath you when you’re ready and then retracts when you’re done. Many toilet seat bidets also come with added features like heated seats and air drying.
Bidet attachments fit underneath the toilet seat and use water pressure. You adjust the nozzle spray by turning a dial. These are also one of the more cost-effective options since they don’t require any electricity.
Finally, travel bidets are handy for when you’re on the road and don’t want to resort to toilet paper. They look like a bottle and have a skinny cap that squirts out water when you squeeze it.
Benefits of Using a Bidet
Now that you know what types of bidets are out there, why should you use one? Well, they have many benefits over toilet paper. Let’s go over them:
- Bidets are cleaner. Think about it: If you were to get mud on your skin, you’d want to wash it off with water. You wouldn’t use dry paper to scrape it off. But that’s basically what we do when we use toilet paper, and it doesn’t get everything. It leaves residue. Plus, you don’t have to use your hands when you use bidets, so they’re more hygienic because there’s less opportunity for germs to spread.
- Bidets are also better for the environment. We use 22 billion kilometers of toilet paper globally per year. And each year it costs 712 million trees, 1,165 million tons of water, and 78 million tons of oil. Using a bidet dramatically reduces the amount of toilet paper you use since you only need it to dry. And if you get a bidet with an air dryer function, you don’t need to use any toilet paper at all. And by not buying toilet paper, you also need to dispose of less plastic packaging.
- Bidets can save you a ton of money. The average American spends over $11,000 on toilet paper in their lifetime. That’s over $140 per year. But with a bidet, you don’t need toilet paper. And if you consider that it takes about 6 gallons of water to make one roll of toilet paper, using bidets saves a lot of water as well.
- Another reason to love bidets is that they minimize your plumbing issues. Since you use less toilet paper, there are less opportunities for your pipes to clog. That means you don’t have to call the plumber as often, which will save you a lot of stress and money in the long run.
- Finally, using a bidet is a pleasant experience. While toilet paper can be rough on your skin, bidets are far more gentle and comfortable. They may take some time to get used to, but once you do, it’s hard to go back.
Whether you decide to invest in a bidet or not, it’s worth a try. So the next time you see one, resist the urge to use toilet paper like you always do and try something new.
And if you do invest in one, remember to clean it regularly. Then enjoy it and consider introducing your family and friends. Bidets are bound to spread across the US as more people recognize the many benefits.
Healthy Home Upgrades That Won’t Break the Bank
Health and happiness go hand in hand, when you invest in your wellbeing, you open the door to endless benefits, from reduced stress to better resiliency, and even increased productivity. While committing to regular exercise and ensuring you get checkups is important, there are also ways you can improve your health by making changes at home. Today, we’re going to look at some of the home upgrades you can consider if you want to enhance your lifestyle, improve your health, and even potentially improve your home’s value.
Invest in New Kitchen Technology
Your kitchen is a crucial tool in your quest for better health. It’s where you’ll prepare healthier, nutritious meals to match your diet requirements, and even pursue positive hobbies. Some kitchen upgrades, like motion sensor faucets can significantly improve the value of your home too. Others are great for simply improving your health in a variety of ways. An intelligent oven hood can help to remove unwanted contaminants from your kitchen while you cook. Smart kitchen gadgets, such as air fryers, can cook your favorite foods without infusing them with additional fat, helping you to lose weight, and save time on cooking.
Consider a Home Lift
Sometimes, the best way to invest in better health is to think about the future. If you want to stay in your home for as long as possible, purchasing a home lift is a great way to ensure you can still navigate the various floors of your house easily, even when your mobility begins to dwindle.
Home lifts can also be extremely useful when you’re still young, making it easy to move things around your home (like heavy boxes), without risk. These days, the cost of a home lift in the UK can be much lower than you’d think, and there are many styles and designs to choose from. Plus, installing one of these lifts will help to give you an edge in the real estate market when you decide to sell your home.
Improve Your Air Quality
Few things are more important to your quality of life than good air quality. Unfortunately, most of us don’t realize just how many contaminants and dangerous fumes we’re exposed to every day. Simple changes, like choosing non-toxic and sustainable cleaning products can make a huge difference, but you’re more likely to see major results with a significant upgrade. Installing an air filtration system in your home, or a dehumidifier will help to banish various allergens and unwanted substances from the air, so you and your family can breathe a little easier. You can even consider installing your own HEPA filtered heating and cooling system.
Healthy Lives Start at Home
While there are plenty of ways to invest in your health and wellbeing from exercising more frequently, to meditating, seeking out counselling, or even changing your diet, it pays to start close to home. If you’re thinking of upgrading your property anyway, or you want to live a more luxurious lifestyle, consider the strategies above to boost your home’s value and your health.
- Why Todd Graves Is Driven To Innovate Golfing Techniques and Inspire Future Athletes November 28, 2023
- Fitness Dating Brand, FITFCK, Expand Into Influencer Management November 27, 2023
- Mark Anthony Williams-Ruling the Real Estate Sector of The United States November 26, 2023
- Essential Steps to Start Off Entrepreneurial Leadership November 26, 2023
- The Subtle Cues in Our Environment that Encourage Healthier Living November 26, 2023
- Healthy Home Upgrades That Won’t Break the Bank November 24, 2023
- Andriy Dovbenko’s TechExchange: Advancing AgriTech and DefenceTech Startups November 24, 2023
- Mobile Commerce Trends: Do You Need a M-Commerce App in 2023? November 18, 2023
- 5 Ways to Make your Next Car More Affordable November 16, 2023
- How Domestic Travel Insurance Can Protect You On Your Australian Adventure November 14, 2023
Tech3 years ago
Effuel Reviews (2021) – Effuel ECO OBD2 Saves Fuel, and Reduce Gas Cost? Effuel Customer Reviews
Tech4 years ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
Lifestyle4 years ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Lifestyle3 years ago
East Side Hype x Billionaire Boys Club. Hottest New Streetwear Releases in Utah.
Tech5 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle3 years ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Health5 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
Entertainment4 years ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free