A new research carried out by Bigtimedaily based on the public data available, has found that there are plenty of options which can help you in saving yourself from a phishing attack. According to the report, a huge number of people lose their personal information as well as their hard earned money due to online cyber attacks. Phishing attacks enjoy a special place in the list of hackers to steal users’ data online. As not many organizations keep a regular security check by upgrading their technologies so various employees in an organization fall victim to many cyber attacks. Recent research from BTD, focus on using phishing awareness tips to prevent the loss of thousands of dollars online.
Facebook and Instagram are on the top list of hackers to steal online users’ money by doing phishing scams. Health organizations fall victim to such phishing attacks on a large scale and employee phishing training have been used to teach them about phishing awareness. Apart from using social media platforms, hackers are using email phishing techniques by sending them inappropriate emails to take out their personal information. Following mentioned phishing awareness tips found in research would play a crucial role in ensuring protection from such attacks and understanding phishing concept as a whole.
- Don’t Click Mail Link – One should not click on the malicious link in a mail to prevent falling victim to a phishing attack. It is an effective phishing protection way which could help to save personal data and eventually his money.
- Don’t Supply Personal Information – Whenever a mail asks for personal information then one should not submit it to senders. This is so no company, bank or any organization asks for personal information via email.
- Analyze Language and Spellings Well – If there are spelling mistakes in a mail and the language used is not formal then there are chances that you have received the mail from hackers. It is the main point which is important for awareness in phishing industry.
- Avoid Clicking on Attachments – One should avoid clicking on malicious attachments as these could steal your personal information with the help of email attachments. Email phishing training is the one way which could help organizations deal with this problem.
- Signature Details – If there is no specific information to contact the sender then it is a clear hint that the mail is sent by phishers.
A Peek Into The Dark Side Of The Web
Now that everything from buying groceries to booking hotels can be done online, it is important to consider the potential risks that arise from being so connected to the world wide web. Are we really as safe as we think we are?
The internet as we know it has only been around for a few decades. As time passes and technology becomes indispensable to our daily activities, we are learning more and more about the online world. Like any other platform out there, there exists another face of the internet that most people are oblivious of — the dark web.
What is the ‘dark web’?
As intimidating as the name sounds, the dark web is still part of the internet, albeit inaccessible through our usual browsers. It functions on overlay networks that are out of reach of cyber authorities. It is the no-mans-land of the internet and a hub for a variety of illegal activities such as the sale of leaked personal information, account passwords, illegal arms and ammunition, and other heinous cybercrimes.
For us, the existence of the dark web and the anonymity of offenders operating through this medium can incite a plethora of questions surrounding our own online security.
Dark web monitoring services
Becoming aware of the dark web can cause us to realise that our personal information is not safe and may be vulnerable to identity theft. We often find ourselves powerless in these situations, due to our shallow understanding of what the dark web is. Large corporations can then harness our apprehension of the dark web to extract profits.
These companies demand huge sums of money as monthly premiums to keep your data safe from the dark web. As attractive as their packages may appear, very little information is shared by these companies about how they operate, leading to some serious misconceptions in regard to internet security and the dark web.
Common misconceptions surrounding the dark web
1. Compromised personal information can be erased permanently from the dark web
Information such as credit card details and account login details cannot be erased once in the dark web domain. Due to the large number of hosts and servers on the dark web, it is practically impossible to locate the information and delete it entirely from the server. However, by knowing exactly what information has been compromised, steps can be taken to prevent further damage.
2. Monitoring services can prevent your data from being sold on the dark web
Software exist that can scan the dark web for the presence of information, and it is recommended that you make use of this. However, no technology can prevent information from being uploaded to the dark web. Internet security companies who promise this are unlikely to be able to deliver on their word.
3. Dark web monitoring services can make you invincible to all breaches
While dark web monitoring services can help you identify a breach of data or alert you to compromised credentials, they cannot keep you safe from fraud. Taking precautions while using online banking services and keeping yourself updated to the developments in the online security sector is also recommended.
Vigilance is important
About 7 million records are compromised and sold on the dark web on a daily basis. At such a high volume, scammers are experts in devising new ways to breach your privacy and compromise your internet security. Companies such as Norton can provide Dark Web Monitoring services that can help alert you to security breaches, however nothing works as well as caution and vigilance. It is important that passwords are changed regularly, and credit card and bank statements monitored and scanned carefully for anomalies that can indicate any breach of information.
- Greek Lightning is the Magic Elixir to Great Times September 19, 2020
- Consulting a Personal Injury Lawyer is Helping People Get the Right Compensation with Ease September 19, 2020
- A Young Entrepreneur, Joseph Samuel Song, Inspires Others to Make Money and Boost their Business September 19, 2020
- Brxuch’s Journey And Future Plans In The Music Industry September 18, 2020
- Marco Valentinsig, the CEO of Beliked, says Internet is a Necessity for Modern Man September 18, 2020
- Lepro Serves your LED Needs at an Affordable Price September 18, 2020
- Colton Graves: A New Face Emerging from Folsom, Releases Debut Project Smile For Me September 17, 2020
- Meet Rajesh, Social Media Influencer and content creator who is passionate about Movies September 16, 2020
- 4 Ways Employees Can Stay Healthy At Work September 16, 2020
- New Releases By DeeJay 8ball Create Anticipated Buzz September 16, 2020
Lifestyle1 year ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Tech2 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle2 weeks ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Entertainment1 year ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free
Entertainment1 year ago
123Movies Predicts Hobbs and Shaw will be the Most Downloaded Movie of 2019
World2 years ago
The New Feyenoord Stadium to have 63000 Seat Capacity
Lifestyle4 months ago
From marketing memes to marketing brands, Ahmad Yasir’s journey to perfection
Entertainment1 year ago
Jonas Brothers’ ‘Chasing Happiness’ Amazon Documentary now Available for Free on Fmovies