Connect with us

World

Scotiabank Centre to get New Score Clock and Video Equipment

mm

Published

on

HALIFAX – Expressing his hopes for watching the Memorial Cup without failure, Jacques Dube, the CAO of Halifax Regional Municipality, announced that Scotiabank Centre will get a new score clock and video production room. Due to the unpredictability about the failure of the Scotiabank Centre score clock, Dube said that it was necessary to replace the score clock.

The four-team, nine-day tournament, Memorial Cup is going to take place in Halifax and that is why the new Score clock worth $1250,602 will be installed for spectators. Matt Whitman, Coun, at Hammonds Plains-St. Margarets expressed his unwillingness on hearing the price of the replacement clock for the first time. Then, John Traves, the municipal lawyer responded that there is no other alternative available than to get a new clock. Also, he said that the clock has already crossed its usable life so it is the right decision to replace it.

Dube hinted at the risks involved in the effectiveness of the aging clock for the Memorial Cup. However, he said that all the necessary extra parts have been collected to ensure the safe going of games. Currently, multi-year, multi-phase recapitalization program is going for the Scotiabank Centre. A number of upgradations such as the installation of a new ice slab, new roof, new basketball floor, new seats, concourse, mezzanine washrooms, and LED lighting have been completed till now.

A high definition video production system will take the place of the current video system which is an outdated standard definition technology. New electrical infrastructure to meet modern broadcast standards will be installed successfully. The replacement tender was released online on Nova Scotia Procurement website on March 21 and Matrix Video Communications Corp. bid had been accepted for it. It will start the work on the replacement clock soon and would complete it by the month of September.

Jenny is one of the oldest contributors of Bigtime Daily with a unique perspective of the world events. She aims to empower the readers with delivery of apt factual analysis of various news pieces from around the World.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

North Carolina to Target Robocalls and Scammers With Penalties

mm

Published

on

Phone prankers usually mask their real number to pass robocalls to consumers. To take action against them, North Carolina lawmakers passed legislation on Monday to make it mandatory for callers to use their real name and number of the business they are representing. The legislation bill passed by 45-0 in the state senate. It was passed by the House last month and now it is waiting for the sign of Gov. Roy Cooper.

Telephone scammers usually block or trick caller ID to send spam calls to people. They make their calls in such a format that they are from a local number or from a family member. When the bill will be signed by the state Governor, people who do so will be fined up to $5,000.

Federal law has already declared the practice of using fake numbers illegal in all states. But this bill will give states’ authority an extra power to go after the scammers. The bill also would apply on fake messages and mobile posts.

Consumers can also enroll with the Federal Trade Commission’s Do Not Call Registry, which stops companies to send telemarketing sales calls to the consumers. And if they violate the regulation, consumers can complain against them. Alternatively, consumers can detect the identity of spammers with the use of Glasscaller that identifies the suspicious caller.

Tim Moore sponsored the bill in State House Speaker, and said that these fake and robocalls are at a top concern for his constituents. When he went out campaigning last year, he heard about more people getting scammed phone calls.

Continue Reading

Trending