When Jeremy Miner, the CEO of 7th Level Communications, first started out in sales, he noticed something: nothing he was doing was working (similar to many salespeople’s first experiences). He, like us, had been taught many techniques from the old sales model and from so-called ‘sales gurus,’ but he wasn’t achieving the six figures a year that they said he could make following their techniques. At the same time, he was in college studying Behavioral Science and Human Psychology, and he was struck by how what he was learning about the human brain contrasted from what he had been taught in sales. He was studying how the brain makes decisions and how people are persuaded to do something. It was the complete opposite of the traditional selling techniques.
“I knew I wanted to succeed in sales. To do so, I knew I needed to take a giant leap outside my comfort zone. Following the status quo wasn’t going to work,” Miner said. “So, rather than just listening to the methods I had been taught, I decided I’d go in search of another sales training program with the behavioral science elements of sales. I searched… invested in many training courses… attended many events… and read many books. But none of them had the questions that I needed to ask to get my prospects to persuade themselves in a step by step sequence rooted in human psychology.”
So… he created it himself. “You may think that would’ve been easy, since I was studying behavioral science in school. Far from it! But as I continued my trial and error process, I eventually got to a place where I mastered the series of questions that I now call ‘Neuro-Emotional Persuasion Questions’ (more on these soon). And, the year I finally felt I had mastered it, I ended up making $2,370,485 dollars in the year in straight commission as a W-2 sales rep.”
Techniques That Took Jeremy Miner to $2.4 Million
Miner now teaches students around the world how to practice the new mode of selling, which means ditching the traditional model. He goes in depth into each of the neuro-emotional persuasion questions in his course. These questions are intended to help the prospect convince themselves that they need what you’re selling.
- Asking questions more than presenting. “I now tell my students that prospects should be the ones talking for about 80 percent of the conversation. To guide this, ask questions. “Engage, don’t tell” is one of the three main forms of communication that I teach in the new model of selling. The “Old Model’ of Selling DOES ask some questions. But, 99 percent of salespeople don’t ask the ‘right’ questions at the right time in the conversation. They just ask ‘surface’ questions which only get you the superficial answers from your potential customers.
Rather, it’s critical to ask specific, skilled questions that bring out emotion from your prospects on what their problems are doing to them. These could be what I call ‘problem awareness’ questions where you ask what problems they have, and how they’re affecting them. These are followed by ‘solution awareness’ questions, where you ask what they have done in the past about solving their problems, what has worked, and what hasn’t, which helps them view you more as a trusted authority who is there to help them, and not just sell to them,” Miner said.
- Helping the prospect recognize the consequences of not solving their problem. “Another type of NEPQ question that is particularly effective is what I call ‘consequence questions.’ Once you have established what the problem is and what the solution could be, it’s important that the prospect states out loud the consequences of not resolving their problem. In other words, they hear in their own voice what would happen if they don’t solve the problem (buy your solution) — what they’d be missing out on. Perhaps this would be lost social media exposure if they don’t purchase your social media organic reach service, or they lose a sense of safety if they don’t immediately purchase your security device system,” said Miner.
When they are the ones to say it out loud, they’re more likely to persuade themselves. Contrast this with if you filled in the blanks for them and said, “You’ll lose social media exposure if you don’t purchase this today.” The fact that you were the one to say it totally changes the effectiveness of the statement. Even if that’s completely true and they believe it, too, they don’t want to hear you tell them — they’ll likely get defensive and get off the call.
- Engaging and discovering in a helpful conversation.
So, it shouldn’t just be following a script or giving a pitch, but it shouldn’t just be asking questions, either. Rather, the best sales conversations work in a banter between salesperson and prospect. I call this ‘learning and discovering from each other.’ Imagine this like you’d talk with a friend who you had no intention of selling to. You ask your friend how business is going, and they complain about something related to what your business solves. So, you ask some more questions to understand more, then mention what you do. The equal playing field is your mutual curiosity to hear what the other has to say.
It shouldn’t be any different in a sales conversation. It shouldn’t be you shoving your product pitch down a prospect’s throat. That’s simply not what they want, and a great way to lose a potential sale.
To learn about Miner’s exact NEPQ process, visit his website: 7thlevelhq.com.
Winners and Losers in the Digital Economy
Businesses around the world were forced to move to an online economy due to the COVID 19 pandemic. However, not all businesses will be able to make that shift and thrive. If you deep dive and take a look at the digital economy, you will discover winners as well as losers. Let’s take a look at some of the winners and losers.
Winners of digital economy
- Telecommunication companies
Online services are quite popular among people out there. That’s because, we use our internet connections and phones to get most of our work done. Due to the same reason, companies that offer internet and telephone services have a high demand. Telecommunication companies can expect to witness an increase in demand for the services in future. Hence, they are a clear winner of an online economy.
- Software development companies
People in today’s world prefer to use online platforms to get most of their work done. For example, we take a look at the online stores when we want to buy something. It is a convenient method available to get a product delivered without having to go out. To cater this demand, businesses have started getting their online selling marketplaces developed. Numerous improvements are done to those online marketplaces to deliver a better experience to the customers. On the other hand, digital economy has forced employees and students to continue with their work from home. This has also created a massive demand for the services offered by software development companies. Hence, software development companies are a clear winner of the online economy.
When you go through IB Economics Paper 1 Sample Answers, you will figure out how the businesses can thrive when they have an increased demand. All the businesses that belong to the above-mentioned industries have a high demand. Hence, they can get the maximum returns out of digital economy.
Losers of online economy
Now you have a clear understanding about the winners of online economy. While keeping that in mind, it is worthy to take a look at the losers of online economy as well. Here are some of the businesses that will probably take advantage out of digital economy to ensure their business success.
- Businesses in the hospitality industry
Businesses that exist in the hospitality industry, such as hotels, theme parks and even airlines will fail to thrive in a digital economy. They operate businesses, which cannot be taken online with ease. Along with the development of a digital economy, most of the people prefer to stay at their homes and get work done. This is creating a negative impact to the businesses in hospitality industry. That’s because those industries need people to move.
For example, we can see how the large scale conferences, trade shows and exhibition are now taking place online in the form of online conferences and virtual trade shows. This has led the companies in hospitality industry towards major revenue drops. As you can learn from Econs Tuition, businesses that have a drop in demand will not be able to sustain in the future, unless they go for transformations. However, the transformations available for businesses in the hospitality industry are also limited, due to the nature of business operations that they run.
- Child care services / adult care services
Child care services and adult care services are another loser in an online economy. We could see how these businesses receive lots of financial support during the recent past because of the impact created by COVID 19 pandemic. They are experiencing a significant drop in their revenues as of now. Some of the operators are even forced to close down their facilities.
In a digital economy, people are provided with the chance to get most of their work done while staying at home. For example, people don’t need to go to office to get work done. Due to the same reason, they can work from home and take care of their kids and seniors. This leads all the businesses that offer adult care services and child care services to lost business opportunities.
As you can see, there are winners and losers in a digital economy. Losers should focus more on how to get the maximum out of new business opportunities created with the online economy. Then they will be able to innovate and ensure the survival of businesses in the long run.
- Impacting Lives Will Always Come First – Avi Grondin September 20, 2020
- Winners and Losers in the Digital Economy September 20, 2020
- Stephan Walouch, an Emerging Entrepreneur from Austria, is Touching New Heights in the eCommerce World September 20, 2020
- People are Looking for Affordable Boat Rentals to Enjoy Adventures in the Water September 20, 2020
- Nidal Rasheed Discusses His Company’s Policy of Seeking New Talent and the Advice He Would like to Give to Aspiring Entrepreneurs September 20, 2020
- Brittany Crisp – Small Town Girl to Big City Success September 20, 2020
- Vacation Rental Services are Being Consulted by a Lot of People in a New Normal World September 19, 2020
- Greek Lightning is the Magic Elixir to Great Times September 19, 2020
- Consulting a Personal Injury Lawyer is Helping People Get the Right Compensation with Ease September 19, 2020
- A Young Entrepreneur, Joseph Samuel Song, Inspires Others to Make Money and Boost their Business September 19, 2020
Lifestyle1 year ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Tech2 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle2 weeks ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Entertainment1 year ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free
Entertainment1 year ago
123Movies Predicts Hobbs and Shaw will be the Most Downloaded Movie of 2019
World2 years ago
The New Feyenoord Stadium to have 63000 Seat Capacity
Lifestyle4 months ago
From marketing memes to marketing brands, Ahmad Yasir’s journey to perfection
Health1 year ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?