When Jeremy Miner, the CEO of 7th Level Communications, first started out in sales, he noticed something: nothing he was doing was working (similar to many salespeople’s first experiences). He, like us, had been taught many techniques from the old sales model and from so-called ‘sales gurus,’ but he wasn’t achieving the six figures a year that they said he could make following their techniques. At the same time, he was in college studying Behavioral Science and Human Psychology, and he was struck by how what he was learning about the human brain contrasted from what he had been taught in sales. He was studying how the brain makes decisions and how people are persuaded to do something. It was the complete opposite of the traditional selling techniques.
“I knew I wanted to succeed in sales. To do so, I knew I needed to take a giant leap outside my comfort zone. Following the status quo wasn’t going to work,” Miner said. “So, rather than just listening to the methods I had been taught, I decided I’d go in search of another sales training program with the behavioral science elements of sales. I searched… invested in many training courses… attended many events… and read many books. But none of them had the questions that I needed to ask to get my prospects to persuade themselves in a step by step sequence rooted in human psychology.”
So… he created it himself. “You may think that would’ve been easy, since I was studying behavioral science in school. Far from it! But as I continued my trial and error process, I eventually got to a place where I mastered the series of questions that I now call ‘Neuro-Emotional Persuasion Questions’ (more on these soon). And, the year I finally felt I had mastered it, I ended up making $2,370,485 dollars in the year in straight commission as a W-2 sales rep.”
Techniques That Took Jeremy Miner to $2.4 Million
Miner now teaches students around the world how to practice the new mode of selling, which means ditching the traditional model. He goes in depth into each of the neuro-emotional persuasion questions in his course. These questions are intended to help the prospect convince themselves that they need what you’re selling.
- Asking questions more than presenting. “I now tell my students that prospects should be the ones talking for about 80 percent of the conversation. To guide this, ask questions. “Engage, don’t tell” is one of the three main forms of communication that I teach in the new model of selling. The “Old Model’ of Selling DOES ask some questions. But, 99 percent of salespeople don’t ask the ‘right’ questions at the right time in the conversation. They just ask ‘surface’ questions which only get you the superficial answers from your potential customers.
Rather, it’s critical to ask specific, skilled questions that bring out emotion from your prospects on what their problems are doing to them. These could be what I call ‘problem awareness’ questions where you ask what problems they have, and how they’re affecting them. These are followed by ‘solution awareness’ questions, where you ask what they have done in the past about solving their problems, what has worked, and what hasn’t, which helps them view you more as a trusted authority who is there to help them, and not just sell to them,” Miner said.
- Helping the prospect recognize the consequences of not solving their problem. “Another type of NEPQ question that is particularly effective is what I call ‘consequence questions.’ Once you have established what the problem is and what the solution could be, it’s important that the prospect states out loud the consequences of not resolving their problem. In other words, they hear in their own voice what would happen if they don’t solve the problem (buy your solution) — what they’d be missing out on. Perhaps this would be lost social media exposure if they don’t purchase your social media organic reach service, or they lose a sense of safety if they don’t immediately purchase your security device system,” said Miner.
When they are the ones to say it out loud, they’re more likely to persuade themselves. Contrast this with if you filled in the blanks for them and said, “You’ll lose social media exposure if you don’t purchase this today.” The fact that you were the one to say it totally changes the effectiveness of the statement. Even if that’s completely true and they believe it, too, they don’t want to hear you tell them — they’ll likely get defensive and get off the call.
- Engaging and discovering in a helpful conversation.
So, it shouldn’t just be following a script or giving a pitch, but it shouldn’t just be asking questions, either. Rather, the best sales conversations work in a banter between salesperson and prospect. I call this ‘learning and discovering from each other.’ Imagine this like you’d talk with a friend who you had no intention of selling to. You ask your friend how business is going, and they complain about something related to what your business solves. So, you ask some more questions to understand more, then mention what you do. The equal playing field is your mutual curiosity to hear what the other has to say.
It shouldn’t be any different in a sales conversation. It shouldn’t be you shoving your product pitch down a prospect’s throat. That’s simply not what they want, and a great way to lose a potential sale.
To learn about Miner’s exact NEPQ process, visit his website: 7thlevelhq.com.
Digital Marketing Expert, Jakob Hager, is Helping Small Businesses Utilize Growth Opportunities in the Digital Space
Digital marketing expert, Jakob Hager is doing a great job to help small businesses utilize the power of digital marketing campaigns for their benefit. After gaining a lot of expertise in the world of digital marketing, he has introduced a new online education program for campaign management.
Jakob Hager has introduced this online education program to help both small businesses and individuals run their online marketing campaigns in an easy manner. It is currently available for German-speaking people living in areas namely Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
Soon, he is planning to make available the entire education program in English to help other people learn the tactics of managing online marketing campaigns. Jakob Hager realized the importance of digital marketing when he failed to promote his first company, a remote virtual-assistant service in the German-speaking regions.
After this, he decided to shut his business due to his inability to market it well. And he decided to leave for San Francisco for acquiring necessary marketing skills. In order to help small businesses run their marketing campaigns in the digital space, Jakob Hager has included everything that is required for managing Facebook, Instagram, Google, and other marketing campaigns.
In this program, participants learn to grow businesses in the online world. It is especially good for small businesses that don’t manage to get enough money for running a successful marketing campaign. Moreover, it also allows individuals to offer their services to local businesses by acquiring skills related to campaign management from this online education program.
Jakob Hager is an Austrian citizen who has spent his life in Moscow, San Francisco and he is currently settled in Dubai since 2017. He has also written a book for German people to teach them tactics of digital marketing. He loves to post interesting things about his life on his Instagram profile to establish his strong connection with his followers.
- A Young Music Artist, Leek Mali, is Scaling Pillars of Success with his Creative Music August 10, 2020
- Tsunari Talks About Growing Up in Saudi & Thailand August 10, 2020
- Digital Marketing Expert, Jakob Hager, is Helping Small Businesses Utilize Growth Opportunities in the Digital Space August 9, 2020
- CG Beats: An Independent Artist Expanding His Brand August 9, 2020
- Rohit Goyal – The youngest businessman and producer carrying his social responsibilities phenomenally. August 9, 2020
- Ahmed Sobhy – A Rottweiler Lover On A Mission To Spread Knowledge August 8, 2020
- Scaling clients to an altogether another level is Brandon See, the man and the mind behind the dominant paid traffic consultancy, Digiceptual August 8, 2020
- American Motorcycle Helmet Laws August 8, 2020
- No Constitutional Rights for Undocumented Immigrant Accidentally Shot by Police, Says Grand Jury August 8, 2020
- The New ZRO Performance Energy Drink From Ignite International Secures Worldwide Distribution With Vitamin Shoppe August 7, 2020
Lifestyle1 year ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Tech2 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Entertainment1 year ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free
Entertainment1 year ago
123Movies Predicts Hobbs and Shaw will be the Most Downloaded Movie of 2019
World2 years ago
The New Feyenoord Stadium to have 63000 Seat Capacity
Lifestyle3 months ago
From marketing memes to marketing brands, Ahmad Yasir’s journey to perfection
Entertainment1 year ago
Jonas Brothers’ ‘Chasing Happiness’ Amazon Documentary now Available for Free on Fmovies
Tech2 years ago
Siri’s latest glitch shows Donald Trump’s age as a penis