Hair loss occurs for several reasons, but whichever the cause, the experience can be traumatic and disappointing, leading to low self-confidence. Hair loss can happen to any person at any given age; it can occur on your scalp only or the whole body and can be permanent or temporary. The extent of your hair loss problem usually will depend on its cause.
You should see a doctor when you first notice hair loss to prevent further damage. Also, if a hair loss problem affects your confidence, consider contacting a hair loss specialist in Lakewood Ranch for diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Maag and his team at Honest Hair Restoration offer professional support and medical help to restore your hair.
Talk to them today to learn more about hair loss treatments.
What is hair loss?
Hair loss is a loss of hair in your scalp or any other body part. It is usually common in the head, causing baldness or alopecia. It can affect a small amount of the entire body.
Hair loss consultation with Dr. Maag involves finding the cause of your hair loss and creating a personalized treatment plan. Before suggesting a treatment plan, the board-certified hair loss specialist considers various things, including your health history, lifestyle, genetics, preferences, and desired outcomes.
He offers patient-centered services where he walks with you throughout your hair restoration journey. Dr. Maag is present to answer all your questions and offer support from consultation to treatment and recovery.
Causes of hair loss
Hair loss is a common problem, at least at some point in your life. Some of the causes and risk factors of hair loss include
- Older age
- Hormone imbalance
- Weight loss
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Radiation therapy
- Some medications
- Medical conditions
- Family history
- Excessive hair treatments
Hair loss can happen gradually or suddenly, depending on the cause. some of the symptoms you may experience when having a hair loss problem include
- Sudden loosening hair
- Gradual thinning on top of the head
- Patches of scaling, spreading all over your body
- Circular or patchy bald spots
- Full-body hair loss
Benefits of hair restoration
Hair restoration at Honest Hair Restoration may give you some benefits, including
- Restored hair growth
- Improved self-confidence
- Full and thick hair
- Eliminating bald patches
- An improved hairline
Hair restoration may also enhance your mental health and overall life quality.
Hair restoration treatments
Dr. Maag provides several effective hair restoration treatments, including;
- Exosomal hair restoration
- Follicular unit extraction
- NeoGraft assisted ProGrowth Combination FUE, hair transplantation.
- Low-level laser treatment
- Prescription-strength, custom-blended medications
- Platelet-rich plasma injections
Dr. Maag ensures to provide customized treatment options to meet your desired results and even exceed your expectations.
How can you prevent hair loss?
Some hair loss causes cannot be prevented, like genetics. However, you can prevent other types of hair loss through;
- Protecting your hair from sunlight and other ultraviolet light sources
- Using comfortable and friendly hair treatments, using gentle hairbrushes and combs, avoiding harsh or too much heat styles
- Healthy and nutritious diets
- Using a cooling cap during chemotherapy
- Quitting smoking
Contact a hair loss specialist today
Hair loss can be destructive, affecting your health and self-esteem. It would be best to seek medical help to determine the cause and get treatments before too late. Contact Dr. Maag today to schedule your consultation.
9 Simple Steps to Dealing with a Broken Tooth
Credit: freepik via Freepik
It’s movie night, and you have an obligatory bowlful of popcorn balancing on your lap. You toss a handful of popcorn and — crack — you unknowingly bite down on a kernel with the full power of your jaw.
Lightning strikes your mouth as you realize this humble kernel broke your tooth.
Besides pausing the movie and spitting out your mouthful of popcorn and tooth, you might not know your next steps.
What should you do, and how can you pay for it? Find the answers to these questions and more below:
1. Save the Pieces
If possible, save any broken pieces of the tooth. Your dentist might need these pieces.
2. Rinse Your Mouth
Gently rinse your mouth with warm water to clean the area. Avoid using hot or cold water, as it might aggravate any exposed nerves.
3. Control Bleeding
If you bleed, apply gentle pressure to the area with a clean cloth or gauze. You can also use a cold compress on your jaw or cheek to reduce swelling.
4. Contact Your Dentist
Reach out to your dentist immediately. Explain the situation and try to schedule an emergency appointment. Many dentists reserve slots for urgent cases. If they don’t have a spot available, look at specialty emergency clinics in your area.
5. Get Over-the-Counter Pain Relief
Broken and chipped teeth can hurt, so take some over-the-counter pain relievers to help manage this pain until you can see your dentist.
6. Check Insurance Coverage
Review your dental insurance policy to understand coverage details. Some policies may cover emergency procedures, while others may have limitations.
7. Discuss Payment Options
If cost is a concern, discuss financing options with your dentist. Some dental offices offer flexible arrangements that give you a break. If you qualify for these plans, you might be able to push out your due date to coincide with your payday. You may even be able to break up your total outstanding amount over several payments.
8. Take out a Personal Loan
If you’re just shy of what you need to cover your emergency dental expense, consider going online to scope out personal loans. A personal loan may fill in for savings in urgent situations. You can quickly visit a website like MoneyKey to see what you need to apply. If approved, a personal loan gives you the means to pay for your visit upfront and pay off what you owe over time.
9. Consider Urgent Care Clinics
If your financial situation is such that you can’t afford a personal loan’s payments, reconsider your choice of dentist. Some dental practices apply a sliding scale to their services so that they can provide immediate care at a lower cost for at-risk individuals.
Next Steps: Thinking About the Future
So, you’ve managed to repair your tooth and pay the bill, too. What’s next? Make sure you hit these three goals soon. They can help you prevent another broken tooth in the future!
- Stay on Top of Dental Hygiene: Brush at least twice a day and floss once a day — these simple habits can protect your teeth over time.
- Schedule Regular Checkups: Keeping up with regular cleanings can also help you prevent future dental emergencies.
- Build an Emergency Fund: Sometimes, accidents happen. Consider building an emergency fund specifically for unexpected dental emergencies.
- Expert Embedded Hardware Development Services by Integra February 27, 2024
- Designing Secure Commercial Spaces Without Compromising Aesthetics February 27, 2024
- Inspiring Kitchen Leadership, Chef Cristian Marino’s 10 Rules for Unlocking Culinary Excellence in the Modern Era February 27, 2024
- Amber Kelleher’s Secret to Finding Love in Today’s World February 27, 2024
- Investing for Beginners in 2024 February 27, 2024
- Earning Extra Money While Driving as a Side Job? February 27, 2024
- Air Cargo Charter: A Flexible Solution for Urgent Shipments February 26, 2024
- Revolutionizing PM Recruitment: How ProsperCircle Leverages AI for Job Matching February 19, 2024
- Making Your Mark Online: Easy Guide to Free Digital Signatures February 19, 2024
- From Pocket Change to Power Player: The Strategic Ascendancy of Yvenson Israel February 15, 2024
Tech3 years ago
Effuel Reviews (2021) – Effuel ECO OBD2 Saves Fuel, and Reduce Gas Cost? Effuel Customer Reviews
Tech4 years ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
Lifestyle5 years ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Lifestyle3 years ago
East Side Hype x Billionaire Boys Club. Hottest New Streetwear Releases in Utah.
Tech5 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle3 years ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Health5 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
Entertainment5 years ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free