It’s hard nowadays to find a mentor out of the sea of talented mentors that you can trust will work for YOU as the individual and bring about the resources you need to take your business to the next level. Fortunately, we’ve found the perfect mentor for all of our female entrepreneurs out there: Alexa Carlin.
Alexa Carlin is a 29 year old female entrepreneur that brings together female entrepreneurs from all walks of life in a powerhouse community based on collaboration over competition. Her community, Women Empower X, has hosted in-person events across the nation, hosted virtual events, and has launched the Inner Circle membership to provide female entrepreneurs with some serious coaching.
Alexa has stayed truly humble through her successes with both her personal brand as a public speaker herself and the incredible success Women Empower X has seen in it’s five years in business. This humility comes from her focus on that one person whose life she strives to change every day and her roots.
Alexa’s ventures weren’t shining successes right from the beginning. Alexa worked hard throughout her career to garner the knowledge and passion she has today for the community she’s become a champion for over the years.
Alexa created two businesses before opening her third in Women Empower X. The first was a jewelry company for an LA-based company and the second was her blog, Hello Perfect. It is evident through her jewelry company giving back to charity and her blog’s focus on inspiring confidence in women that Alexa has always had a passion for helping others.
However, neither of these methods completely satisfied Alexa’s appetite for aiding others. After a near-death experience that shook her world, Alexa knew that she had to share her story with the world. Therefore, she set out on her public speaking journey.
At the beginning of her public speaking career, she faced an overwhelming amount of failure in the form of rejection. However, she pressed on and learned from every experience until she started hearing more and more yes’s and eventually was able to book paid speaking gigs.
It was through this experience that a major problem became evident: more people, especially women, were competing instead of collaborating. Alexa knew that if she’d had someone with the expertise and experience she had now to help her back when she was starting, she would’ve taken off SO much faster.
Thus, Women Empower X was founded on the value of collaboration over competition. Though Women Empower X has grown into a stronger movement with each passing year, Alexa remains as hard-working and humble as ever. In her eyes, there will always be that one person whose day she can make a difference in. Therefore, she will always be the hard-working and humble woman we’ve come to admire today.
Tips for Saving Money on Daily Living Expenses
Saving money puts you in a better financial position, whether you want to invest for retirement or just give yourself some breathing room each month. If you can find a way to pay less for the things you need on a consistent basis, you can end up with hundreds, if not thousands of extra dollars each month. Properly invested, this could snowball to help you retire early – or accumulate wealth even on a modest salary.
Let’s take a look at how you can save money on all your biggest monthly expenses.
Rent and Mortgage Payments
Housing is typically your biggest expense. So how can you lower your rent or mortgage payments?
- Move to a cheaper area. For starters, you could move to a less expensive area. Chances are, if you move to a different neighborhood nearby, you can find cheaper houses, lower property taxes, or both.
- Reduce your square footage. The bigger the house, the more you’re going to pay. Do you really need all that extra space? Reducing the square footage of your house may be more than enough to sharply reduce your monthly payments.
- Refinance or renegotiate. Consider refinancing your home if you currently have a significant monthly mortgage payment. In many cases, you can score a better interest rate and reduce your payments significantly. You may even be able to pay off the home faster. Alternatively, if you’re renting, you can consider renegotiating your lease with your landlord.
Car Insurance and Fuel
If you drive regularly, car insurance and fuel costs can add up to drain your budget.
Here’s how you can save:
- Get new quotes. Start by getting new auto insurance quotes from a variety of different providers. Even if your policy remains exactly the same, you may be able to find lower premiums with a different company. Otherwise, consider tweaking your policy (such as increasing your deductibles) to keep your monthly payments low.
- Lower your risk profile. You can also reduce your car insurance premiums by reducing your risk profile. Maintaining a clean driving record, living somewhere safe, and driving fewer miles can all help you do this.
- Take public transportation (or bike). You can eliminate your car insurance and fuel expenses if you decide to take public transportation or bike to everywhere you need to go.
Everyone needs to eat. But many of us pay too much for our groceries.
Here’s how you can cut costs:
- Figure out the most cost-effective groceries. Feel free to splurge on your favorites on an occasional basis, but on a regular basis, try to prioritize the most cost-effective groceries. Items like oats, lentils, and legumes are very healthy, easy to prepare, and ridiculously cheap.
- Look for sales. Keep an eye out for sales from your favorite grocery stores. You can often get food items for half price (or even less) this way.
- Buy in bulk. Consider joining a wholesale club or warehouse club to score great deals when buying groceries in bulk. This isn’t always cost-advantageous, so make sure you do the math.
Your water, electricity, and natural gas bills don’t have to be so expensive. Here’s how you can minimize them:
- Invest in appliance upgrades. Though buying and installing a new appliance can be a hefty upfront expense, it can often save you a ton of money in the long term. Energy-efficient appliances like refrigerators, washing machines, ovens, and dishwashers can all pay for themselves eventually.
- Turn things off. It’s a simple strategy, but an effective one; turn things off when you aren’t using them. That means turning off lights when leaving a room and turning down the heat (or cooling) when leaving the house.
- Minimize your consumption. You can also work to minimize your consumption overall. Take shorter showers. Reduce the heat. Try to do all your cooking at the same time.
Your entertainment expenses are arguably the easiest ones to cut, since they’re not strictly “necessary.” For example, you can:
- Learn to cook. Instead of going out to eat or ordering food, consider learning how to cook. You’ll save money, have fun, and possibly eat healthier along the way.
- Get a library card. Cancel a couple of your streaming subscriptions and get a library card for your media instead. Everything’s free at your local library.
- Find fun for free. Find new ways to have fun that don’t involve spending money, like hiking in the woods or foraging for mushrooms.
Cutting these costs may not be fun and you may have to make some sacrifices along the way. But if you manage to follow these strategies consistently, you could greatly improve your financial position – and set yourself up for a much brighter future.
- Why CEN Standardization is Good for Big Tech and Small Businesses March 6, 2021
- 6 Critical Non-Finance Skills To Have In Your Finance Career March 6, 2021
- Tips for Saving Money on Daily Living Expenses March 6, 2021
- Savage Grow Plus Reviews – Natural Ingredients in Savage Grow Plus or Side Effects? March 5, 2021
- How Wealth Dragons Became A Force To Be Reckoned With March 5, 2021
- Our Top 5 Tips On Hair Health March 5, 2021
- Steven Dorn: Your Favorite Entrepreneur’s Favorite Entrepreneur March 4, 2021
- Shahn Donovan Drops Emotional New Single “Can’t Break Away” March 3, 2021
- Kid Gift Ideas In 2021 March 3, 2021
- Prominent Entertainment icon Craig Cavanagh, now a Transpiring Global Brand March 3, 2021
Lifestyle2 years ago
Catholic Cases App brings Church’s Moral Teachings to Androids and iPhones
Lifestyle3 weeks ago
East Side Hype x Billionaire Boys Club. Hottest New Streetwear Releases in Utah.
Tech2 years ago
Cloud Buyers & Investors to Profit in the Future
Lifestyle6 months ago
The Midas of Cosmetic Dermatology: Dr. Simon Ourian
Health2 years ago
CBDistillery Review: Is it a scam?
Entertainment2 years ago
Avengers Endgame now Available on 123Movies for Download & Streaming for Free
Tech1 year ago
Bosch Power Tools India Launches ‘Cordless Matlab Bosch’ Campaign to Demonstrate the Power of Cordless
World2 years ago
The New Feyenoord Stadium to have 63000 Seat Capacity